China Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Lifan Group, a Chinese motorcycle manufacturer has recently ventured into the car business, with their US$9,700 Lifan 520 sedan. A recent move has shown this is not just a one-off shot at making a quick buck, they are in it for the long haul. Yup, Lifan is in the process of a potential purchase of the Campo Largo engine plant in Brazil from DaimlerChrysler and BMW AG, who jointly own the factory.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chinese firm eyes BMW/DaimlerChrysler MINI engine plant
22nd Febuary 2006

The Chinese Lifan Group has expressed an interest in acquiring and transferring to Chongquing the Brazilian joint venture engine plant owned 50/50 by BMW and DaimlerChrysler, according to a report in the New York Times. The plant is the product of a joint venture agreement, due to expire by the end of next year, between BMW and DaimlerChrysler, formed in the late 1990s with an investment of US$500m, and produces the 1.6-litre, 16-valve Tritec petrol engine used in the MINI.

http://www.autoindustry.co.uk/news/22-02-06_3

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raul said:
Was the deal already confirmed ? This is great news. I've heard they have big plans for the future. The Campo Largo factory makes 1,6 liter engines for BMW/Mini/Toyota.
I read on another site that they purchased it but i guess it was a rumour...negotiations still going on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts