China Car Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Re: Lifan X70

Vehicle shipment stats published for January 2018 show that Lifan started dispatching X70 to the market last month; 1238 units were sent out.
Some spyshots taken on a street reveals an X70, possibly a factory car without license plates, with a manufacturer's sticker identifying it as "X60".
So the Pengfei is a replacement of the X60? Some people of the FB group "Club Lifan X60/X50/X70/Foison/MyWay Argentina" say that.

·
Registered
257 Posts
For now, some dealers in Argentina as Lifan Yang or Concesionario Nafil have started the bookings of the X70. It's the most expensive of the Lifan family, more than the MyWay (priced nearly as AR$ 500.000, that isn't a bad price for a good equipped SUV).
Some people that visited the Lifan stand in Cariló (one of these were Eduardo Smok and Matías Antico, both automotive journalists) told that the X70 had a very good quality of materials (better than the MyWay) and it seems to be a good competitor to the Chery Tiggo 5, with a recently launched facelift.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Stats say a further 304 units were delivered (wholesale) in February; perhaps they are prioritizing exports? Thanks for keeping an eye out, @Naviato84 :thumb:

(I hope you got lots of photos of other cars, which we may one day see on Wiki or Flickr)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Stats say a further 304 units were delivered (wholesale) in February; perhaps they are prioritizing exports? Thanks for keeping an eye out, @Naviato84 :thumb:

(I hope you got lots of photos of other cars, which we may one day see on Wiki or Flickr)
Don't worry, I saw many cars and some of them are very crazy !!
I saw Peugeot 205 Cabriolet, Peugeot 405, Citroën Xantia, Citroën XM (CKD by Fengshen), Citroën CX, Citroën Fukang Wagon and van !!

Sure I'll post these on my Flickr :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes D.Mitra, it seems that they are prioritizing exports, especially for South American markets (Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Uruguay, countries that the "Chinese car boom" started or it will start in a little period of time).
Shame that Lifan doesn't have plans for make a monocoque pickup, this market it's dominated by 2 brands: Fiat (with the Toro, a pickup that is getting a bad image) and Renault (with the Duster Oroch, it needs a diesel engine for more popularity, at least a K9K).

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Lifan X70 (Iran)

Bam Khodro, a subsidiary of the Kerman Motor group, has officially announced the introduction of the Lifan X70 in Iran. This also reintroduces the Lifan brand in the country. Bam Khodro has been assembling the Geely GC6 Excellent in Iran. Lifan has a history of offering locally-assembled products in Iran and Iraq, and previously Kerman Motor, Bam's parent co., used to assemble several products ranging from the 520 to the 820 and X60. These were discontinued due to the combined effects of sanctions on Iran as well as the precarious situation at Lifan back home.

https://www.khodrobank.com/Reviews/20988/

Lately, in China, Lifan has only been producing small quantities of the X70 and Myway mainly for export to Russia. Local assembly of Lifan vehicles had ceased in Russia following the collapse of Derways.

(It seems to me that almost any company that Lifan associates with internationally, as far as cars are concerned, is soon put out of business. I had previously mentioned the fates of Lifan's various international ventures in a post on some other thread a couple of years ago.)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Contrast this with news of Lifan's success just 3 years ago.

"Lifan has become the leader of the Russian market amongst Chinese car manufacturers for the sixth time, with a sales figure of 17,461 vehicles. The sales increase of the brand has reached a record level with 15.4%, the best result in the Russian car market, according to Lifan Motors Rus."

http://rusautonews.com/2017/02/19/lifan-certifies-its-electric-cars-in-russia/

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.