China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From China Car Times.

Our previous article on the Lifan SUV was pretty brief, as the information to hand at the time was rather limited. The previous Lifan rendering was very similar to the Chery Tiggo, which in turn was very similar to the previous generation Toyota RAV4. The latest rendering of the Lifan SUV shows that Lifan designers have been busy reshaping the Lifan SUV into something that appears to be more unique rather than inspired or copied from other parties.

According to the motoring press, Lifan could be taking their SUV into the sub 100k area, which is pretty much a niche market, especially if the Lifan SUV is upto standard. The current sub 100k SUV market is limited to the Chery Tiggo (lower specification models) and the much smaller Zotye SUV.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: Lifan SUV

Not bad...good face lift!!
A bit Korean style.

·
Registered
3 Posts

martin_krpan,
Do you have latest news on Lifan SUV or more pictures? I will be glad to get more information. I am currently interested in the 520 Sedan Automobile in Nigeria and I am infact looking for the name and e-mail address of the company/dealer in NIGERIA. Kindly assist if you can.

·
Administrator
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello sam dudu and welcome to the CCF.

I don't have any new pictures of information about SUV. The car is still under development. When I find something this will be the first place to publish it :thumb:

About importer of Lifan to Nigeria. Article published at tootoo.com is mentioning the company named Emel Automobiles Nigeria Limited unfortunately without any contact information. Despite my best efforts I couldn't find their website. Obviously they don't have any :nono:

Promised article about Emel Automobiles:
http://news.tootoo.com/China_Today/Import_Export/20080610/110230.html

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts

its bee a while now and dont think Lifan should not enter the SUV market. BIkes are already more popular in asia and suvs growth are going lower. so they should stick with bikes as before and some cars

·
Administrator
16,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
China's motorcycle and automotive manufacturer Lifan Group plans to start production of its first SUV model by the end of this year, the Xinhua news agency reported.

Chairman Yin Mingshan said Lifan plans to produce the model in its facility located in Inner Mongolia of China as of the end of this year. The SUV will be powered by Lifan's independently developed 1.6 L engine, delivering 78kW and 137Nm of torque. Gasoline and natural-gas-powered editions will be available after their launch.

With a body length of 4,550 mm, width of 1,705 mm, and 1,405 in height, the vehicle offers ample room for friends and families, said the report.

Lifan, which has made a name for itself as a maker of motorcycles as well as truck and bus engines, began automobile production in 2006.

Last year American International Group bought a 13.5 percent stake in Lifan.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

American taxpayers will be delighted to know that their hard earned money is going to develop such an advanced gas guzzling SUV.

Perhaps AIG will ensure this model's success by giving some hefty bonuses to the sales and marketing staff at Lifan. :shame:

·
Registered
523 Posts

I think the design reminds me of the current generation Hyundai Santa Fe. Perhaps Toyota shouldn't be worried, because it is based on someone else's product. They should bring it here, but I'm not sure about the quality levels. Are they planning to export?
Question: Does Hyundai sell the Santa Fe in China, because this could be a competitor to it and Chinese would pick compatriot over quality.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

These are the clear crisp photos we have been waiting for. Thank you Martin.

As for the front view, the mating of that headlight, hood, and grille looks unusual. The metalwork looks strange too. Maybe we will have to wait and see the production model.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts