China Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chinese cars have made a lot of progress in the last year. For starters, this website has spread knowledge of Chinese cars to many people who before had little knowledge on the subject. Companies introduced new models, with more original designs and ever-improving quality. For the first time Geely was at the Geneva motor show,and Great Wall and Landwind were at the Paris auto show(i was there). Let's not forget the Beijing auto show. Here at China Car Forums, Representatives from Chinese car companies have enlightened us on their products and owners have warned us of possible problems as well as told us their adventures with their Chinese cars. I'd like to have a *virtual toast* to the
Chinese car companies for their progress this year and to the CCF team for all their great work on this site. Cheers!
:buddies:

·
Registered
314 Posts
4*real*Made_in_China said:
For starters, this website has spread knowledge of Chinese cars to many people who before had little knowledge on the subject.
that is very true for me, i learned a lot in the last 24+ hours

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree, 2006 has really been a breakthrough year for the industry. Even one year ago people didn't even know they make cars in China.

Now everyone is interested. If they only could get standards up so that they could blitz Europe they could really make a killing.

If I were a Chinese car executive, I'd make safety improvements the number one priority, I don't think Europeans care about percieved quality if the price is right, as long as cars are safe. Funny how that works, but that's just the way the market is.

Design wise things are looking good too. Though car companies will get flack from copying designs (and not admitting it) I don't think that's a bad thing. Copying happens all the time, and cars usually look pretty much the same anyway.

Funky designs (like the CoolBear or many of the SUV's) with reasonable prices are sure to make a killing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
yes, a lot has happened in 2006 to the industry, a lot of it good. i remember at the end of 2005, some auto industry gurus were predicting the beginnings of a slowdown, w/ch were somewhat apparent at the start of 2006. then the big cities lifted their restrictions on small cars, & the small car market took off, some makers, notably chery saw a 150% increase in sales month-on-month for up to six months as big-city dwellers chucked their scooters for 4-wheelers.

it will be sometime yet, i think, before you will get an eu-capable chinese car, w/the proper after sales support, the nice showrooms, etc. most chinese manufacturers have their hands full meeting the demands of the local market, & only a select few are really serious, at this time, about breaking into the eu. nevertheless, that time will come, its not a question of if, but when. just stay tuned to this forum, & you will be one of the first to know.

there are some fantastic people on this forum w/their ears on the ground, & even, i suspect insiders who give first class information on what is going on in the industry. i have not regretted joining. i'm sure that you feel the same way.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Even though the Chinese car industry as a ways to go, the speed of improvement is unprecidented. I'd be happy if 2007 maintains the same momentum.

This forum has been a great source of info. I greatly enjoyed everyone's input, good or bad.

Going forward, the Chinese industry has to focus on safety and quality. Everything else about a car is quite subjective (such as styling), so they are less important when entering new markets. Get safety and quality right, and you're 80% there.

More domestic parts producers is very important too. That's the only way to reduce costs, increase quality, and speed up supply chain.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I remember year 2005 when hardly anybody was interested about Chinese cars. In february 2006 I found this forum and it has been great to see how many people have joined since. Many thanks to "Admin" and other admins for their work.

2006 was a great year for Chinese cars. Many, many great models were released. If this same momentum continues I'm sure that in 2010/2011 Chinese cars are sold everywhere in the world even in toughest markets.

Let's hope that 2007 will bring us many new models to be proud of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts