·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
This so-called "coupe" configuration is a real compromise, with a large rear cargo space, but at the expense of rear seat comfort which waxes low,tight, and less than ergonomic, when it come to ingress and egress. Notice the little rear doors.

·
Registered
253 Posts
SUV coupe is the version which is focused on styling, therefore utility is not the purpose of the car. I have to say, that this is possibly the most pleasantly designed SUV coupe on the market nowadays. Could even be succesfull on demanding EU market.

·
Registered
400 Posts
RR, it's funny that back when a "coupe", was really a coupe, that is a sedan variant.. with only two front doors, it was likewise tough getting in and out of the low, tight, rear seat also. Ditto Xpeng's new P7 model rear seat.
btw This high slung Lynk & Co model looks like it was inspired by BMW's X6, as do those Great Wall Wey models.
Finally, when recollecting what the first Sport Utility Vehicles looked like, I have a hard time seeing the "SUV" term applied to some of these models.
Guess I had better just face that, "times they are a changin".

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had the same problem when they started to call the old cross country vehicles (like the old Landrovers or the Beijing Jeep) suddenly also SUV's.
the same here :D

it's funny that back when a "coupe", was really a coupe, that is a sedan variant.. .
for me coupes are like BMW 8 reihe, Bentley Continental GT, Aston Martin DB11, or cut (as it is translated from French) from sedans...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Agreed there should be another more descriptive acronym for cars with full frame, and others, capable of handling the off-road bump and grind. I find myself labeling any photos of a so-called SUV, as a CUV (Crossover), if the wheelbase is less than 2700mm.
By the way, now that the Baojun RC-5W is here, it looks like the old term "station wagon" may be back in vogue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts