China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visionary Vehicles is a American company working with Chery Automobile Company.

http://www.visionaryvehicles.com/

Visionary Vehicles aims to bring Chery cars to the USA in 2008. Currently they are working together and develop a line of cars suitable for American consumers. They will be marketing cars in the $20,000 - 30,000 price range with style, engineering and performance usually associated with cars costing $40,000 - 70,000.

Visionary Vehicles is in close contact with Chery factory to develop the best products at the best prices for the North American market. Twelve to fifteen new models, including a hybrid, are now being developed at the Chery's plant in Wuhu, China. Eventually they will produce 2 million cars per year. The first million will be manufactured in China and the second million will be manufactured domestically in North America.

Visionary Vehicles owns a 40% stake of a joint venture with Chery. This share was sold to them with a price of $200 million.

Some of the new products will be:

- a four door sedan, $19,000
- a two-door coupe, $25,000
- SUV, $19,000
- Crossover, $19,000
- hardtop convertible, $19,000

Check out their website. There are many interesting interviews and videos to look !

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just dont see it. It sounds like a good idea but too many things stopping them. Emissions are very strict here in the USA, pricing aswell. Safety and quality are the big things that is the hurdle.

·
Registered
297 Posts
well the do need to make some better strategic moves...

for example, have you seen what Nanjing has done with Rover? ..
and there are otehr chinese firms doing same things...

MAybe Chery will not come this year, but for sure in 5 years...they will definately get their act together after taking over asia market and middle east market first

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Chery To Enter US Luxury Car Market

Chery To Enter American Luxury Car Market
By Rob Varnon, Connecticut Post, Bridgeport

Mar. 21--Greenwich-based Miller Motorcars is planning to sell Chinese-made luxury cars in 2007 alongside the Aston Martins, Ferraris and Rolls-Royces it sells now.

Miller and car importer Visionary Vehicles announced a partnership Monday to try to bring cars made by the Chery Automobile Co. of China to the Fairfield County and Westchester County, N.Y., markets.

Visionary Vehicles is headed by Malcolm Bricklin, who introduced America to the Subaru and Yugo.

Kevin DeLeon, a public relations expert of the Lexicomm Group, said the Cherys would sell for about $20,000 and are expected to compete with Toyota's Lexus brand and Mercedes. Lexicomm was hired by Visionary to handle marketing for the Chery deal.

One model the dealers are looking at selling in Fairfield is the M14, a Chery with a hardtop retractable roof.
http://www.mph-online.com/web/news/00374

·
Registered
280 Posts
This is very good news. I just hope that Chery can really pull up its manufacturing and technological capabilities. It seems like they are putting up a lot of effort and they have grown tremendously, but still, they are a very young company and I don't think they are at the level of the world's best yet.

But Chinese luxury cars, imagine that!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Raul said:
Visionary Vehicles is a American company working with Chery Automobile Company.

http://www.visionaryvehicles.com/

Visionary Vehicles aims to bring Chery cars to the USA in 2008. Currently they are working together and develop a line of cars suitable for American consumers. They will be marketing cars in the $20,000 - 30,000 price range with style, engineering and performance usually associated with cars costing $40,000 - 70,000.

Visionary Vehicles is in close contact with Chery factory to develop the best products at the best prices for the North American market. Twelve to fifteen new models, including a hybrid, are now being developed at the Chery's plant in Wuhu, China. Eventually they will produce 2 million cars per year. The first million will be manufactured in China and the second million will be manufactured domestically in North America.

Visionary Vehicles owns a 40% stake of a joint venture with Chery. This share was sold to them with a price of $200 million.

Some of the new products will be:

- a four door sedan, $19,000
- a two-door coupe, $25,000
- SUV, $19,000
- Crossover, $19,000
- hardtop convertible, $19,000

Check out their website. There are many interesting interviews and videos to look !

Wow, the cars don't look bad at all... I don't like the convertable so much though.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I read on the Visionary Vehicles website that they will have a V8 engine and on another forum I read that it will be 4 litres in capacity. I wonder where that engine will eventually go? perhaps into the 2 door coupe as a challenger for the BMW M3?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Chery will have aluminium-aloy engines ranging from inline 3 cylinder to V8 engines covering the displacement of 0.8L to 4.0L which will be introduced within the next few months.

Their first new engines are as follows...

1.9D TCI diesel

Engine Type: 4 Strokes,Water-cooled, In-Line, Inclined Installation, Double OverHead Camshaft, Timing Belt Drive
Number of Cylinders: 4
Number of Valves: 16
Displacement: 1900cc
Compression Ratio: 17.5:1
Rated Power/Speed: 93/4000 kW/rpm
Max. Torque/Speed: 271/2000 Nm/rpm
Fuel Type: diesel
Emission: EU IV
Overall Dimension(L×W×H): 634×698×687mm
Net Weight: 145—150 kg

2.0L DGI Petrol
Number of Cylinders: 4
Number ofValves: 16
Displacement: 2000cc
Rated Power/Speed: 144/5500 kW/rpm
Max. Torque/Speed: 290/1500 [email protected]
Fuel Quality: Petrol/Gasoline 95
Emission: EU IV
Overall Dimension(L×W×H): 638×634×670mm
Net Weight: 154.7 kg

http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.jspa?forumID=31&threadID=14041&tstart=105

http://auto.sina.com.cn/news/2005-03-26/1533106593.shtml

Here on the VV website it says that their engines will include Turbo 4 cylinders, V6's and V8's as well as a Turbo Diesel. According to the specifications given from http://auto.sina.com.cn/news/2005-03-26/1533106593.shtml That new four cylinder is 144/5500 kW/rpm with 271/2000 Nm/rpm. That sounds like ALOT for a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder so these specs must be for the Turbo 4 cylinder as mentioned on the Visionary Vehicles website. I hope that V8 makes it into the $25,000 2-door coupe, I cant wait to see how the rest of VV's lineup will look when released!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Did I read that right? A 0.8L engine? What does that get? 60hp? I'd race a john deere lawn mower against it.

Overall, I think out of all chinese cars, chery's are decent, but with the pricing listed above, they are not going to sell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What happened to the Chinese that makes the car?

Ok. I went to the visionary vehicles website. All I see is the European men talking about how they feel about the car and their vision. and All I can see are the Chinese working in the factory. Hellow! ??? I would like to see and hear THE GUY that operate the factory and makes the car have to say...??? Where is the voice of the Chinese executive? What is his vision ? Doesn't he has his own vision or his vision is going to be at the mercy of the car dealers in USA ? I can see a risk that the car dealers opinions are not always going to be right ! and it has a huge potential that will fk things up...we will see...

Han without solo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
actually chery should focus on china domestic market first,
the usa market requirement is very high, b4 200% ready chery should not
enter USA market.
yes chery had state of the art production line,
but is take time for worker to take up the quality requirement,

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hansilicon said:
Ok. I went to the visionary vehicles website. All I see is the European men talking about how they feel about the car and their vision. and All I can see are the Chinese working in the factory. Hellow! ??? I would like to see and hear THE GUY that operate the factory and makes the car have to say...??? Where is the voice of the Chinese executive? What is his vision ? Doesn't he has his own vision or his vision is going to be at the mercy of the car dealers in USA ? I can see a risk that the car dealers opinions are not always going to be right ! and it has a huge potential that will fk things up...we will see...

Han without solo.
Yin Tongyao is the president of Chery company. There are videos about him on the website.

On related news Malcolm Bricklin has named a Vice President for Dealer/Industry Relations at Visionary Vehicles. Marianne McInerney is the former President of the American International Automobile Dealers Association. According to Bricklin this is the first "critical hire".

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/05/18/malcolm-bricklin-chery-picks-ex-aiada-president-for-visionary/

1 - 20 of 256 Posts