China Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Chinese man has married himself to express his "dissatisfaction with reality".

Liu Ye, 39, from Zhuhai city, married a life sized foam cut-out of himself wearing a woman's bridal dress.

"There are many reasons for marrying myself, but mainly to express my dissatisfaction with reality," he said.

"This marriage makes me whole again. My definition of marriage is different from others."

The ceremony was held at a traditional courtyard packed with more than 100 guests.

The 'couple' were led out by a bridesmaid and a groomsman and bowed to ancestors and senior guests for blessings.

Liu says he is not gay, but admits he's "maybe a bit narcissistic", reports New Express.
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2177982.html?menu=

·
Registered
176 Posts
So sad, so funny, so stupid all at the same time.

Anybody ask him how the honeymoon was? Did he save himself for marriage? Was he a virgin?

"Liu says he is not gay, but admits he's "maybe a bit narcissistic"". YA THINK?

Then again, and I say this with the utmost respect for myself, as a guy myself, If I had huge boobs, I don't think I'd ever leave the house....

·
Registered
507 Posts
Here's the reality for China: by 2020, China will have 30+ million more boys looking for girls, than there are girls available.

These 30 million single guys will have to marry themselves or each other - they'd have NO CHOICE.

This is the first of a series (and escalading) of problems to come for China... :nono: At a minimal there would be lots of gays, at worse China would turn into chaos and initiate all kinds of wars.

I say China change the policy NOW from "one child" to "one male child", otherwise the implication is unthinkable.

·
Registered
176 Posts
BringIt said:
Here's the reality for China: by 2020, China will have 30+ million more boys looking for girls, than there are girls available.

These 30 million single guys will have to marry themselves or each other - they'd have NO CHOICE.

This is the first of a series (and escalading) of problems to come for China... :nono: At a minimal there would be lots of gays, at worse China would turn into chaos and initiate all kinds of wars.

I say China change the policy NOW from "one child" to "one male child", otherwise the implication is unthinkable.
I'm serious when I ask this - are you serious with anything you wrote there, or are you making a joke?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Bringit is dead serious R&R.

China has a big dilemna on its hands in trying to limit its huge population. One fifth of the world lives in China, or 1.3 billion.

Restrictions have recently been placed on the many adoptions of Chinese babies by foreigners. Apparently for reasons of Chinese pride, which I can completely understand. But then what I think the gov't should turn around and do, is to provide real incentives for Chinese families themselves to adopt all those little girls, of baby age, or any age. Incentives are needed because there is no tradition of such widespread adoption as in the West.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts