China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Italian importer of Shuanghuan's vehicles Martin Motors presented Noble at the Bologna auto show to potential European buyers. The car will bear the name Bubble and will have new logo.

Martin Motors is determined to sell the China-built small car in Europe despite a legal challenge from Daimler AG, which claims the model is a copy of its Smart ForTwo.

Martin Motors, of Italy, has renamed the car the Bubble to avoid another legal dispute. British sports car maker Noble Automotive owns the Noble name in Europe.

Martin Motors spokeswoman Viviana Martinelli told Automotive News Europe that the Shuanghuan Bubble will make its Italian debut at the Bologna auto show Dec. 5. Sales will begin immediately afterward. The 68-hp, 1.1-liter Bubble will be priced above 9,000 euros (95,612 yuan) in Italy.

The Bubble will not be sold in Germany until the dispute with Daimler is resolved.

Martinelli thinks the Bubble cannot be confused with a Smart ForTwo.

"We are convinced a four-seat, front-engine, front-drive vehicle is quite different from a much shorter two-seater with a rear engine and rear drive," Martinelli says.

Martin Motors is the European distributor of vehicles built by Shuanghuan, which is based near Beijing. Shuanghuan has the capacity to build 30,000 vehicles a year.

Martinelli says Shuanghuan plans to make 1,000 units of the Bubble for Martin Motors this year.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Priced over €9,000...You can get a Smart FourTwo for that sum of money.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
martin_krpan said:
Martin Motors presented another three Chinese vehicles under its brand. Freedom Cab and Coolcar are made by Changhe-Suzuki and Ideal is of course product of Hafei of the same name.
I don't think that Hafei makes the Ideal, Martin. That's also a Chang'he product, but since both companies are part of the state-owned AviChina aviation company, I wouldn't be surprised if Martin Motors will be selling Hafei products soon too. Hafei needs the boost.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
OK Martin, please delete my post.
As for Hafei they seem to be busy building Saibao bodies for the Miles Auto electric vehicles, in conjunction with Qingyuan Electric.
But I don't see any signs of a new product coming from them.
By the way it's interesting to see that Chang'he is allowing Martin Motors to rebadge their cars. I guess they are just happy to get this chance to enter the European market.

·
Administrator
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not just Martin Motors. DR Motors, Ukrainan GROZ, German Dragon,... they are all selling Chinese vehicles under new 'European' brands.
They probably think European consumers don't trust Chinese companies yet and are more likely to buy Chinese product if they don't know the real origin of it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lifan will enter to Europe through the Czech Republic

Martin Motors, Italian company which is responsible for import Lifan brand to Europe, shows several models at the Autoshow Praha 2009. The company has signed agreement with locally LUM-ORIS and will start sales Lifan brand in Czech Republic in next few days. Probably Shuanghuan CEO and two commercial vehicles produced by Changhe - Freedom i Coolcar - will join to offer in near future. At the Autoshow Praha 2009 visitors can also see Dongfeng brand represented by GAZ Auto Praha.

Source and pictures: www.autochiny.pl/en

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.