China Car Forums banner

481 - 500 of 643 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 · (Edited)
Hulas Vidhyut Da Vinci (Nepal)

Hulas Motors, a Biratnagar-based Nepalese company currently selling electric rickshaws and trikes, began local assembly of the Luxing Rangeover/Da Luhu (post) in 2016. It is sold under the brand "Hulas Vidhyut" (Vidhyut meaning electricity) and the model name is "Da Vinci".

Hulas Motors used to make utility vehicles and vans of indigenous design in the past (Mustang series, Sherpa, and Mini V) but stopped production of large four-wheelers around 2015 due to implementation of stricter emission norms.

http://www.hulasmotors.com/category_davinci.php
https://www.facebook.com/Hulas-Motors-200586279952979/
http://kathmandupost.ekantipur.com/news/2016-08-08/hulas-new-electric-car-model-put-to-road-test.html

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 · (Edited)
Saiding Lithium Auto

Saiding has started selling a second model, carrying the same front as the A70, but the body is now from the Levdeo D70. Of note, the first model (Saiding A70) was based on the Maidi EV3. I have not been able to find or discern the name of this second model.

At this point, it is not known if this will replace the first model, i.e. whether Saiding will abandon the Maidi body in favor of the more popular Levdeo.

Pics from taobao

Saiding A70 pics

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 · (Edited)
Byvin M5 (new)

Byvin has launched a version of the Levdeo D30 as the new M5. Recall that Fubao, its counterpart from group company Boloda, was unveiled in October.

The old Byvin M5 (Levdeo D50 rebadge) has been renamed Kafit K5.

http://news.cnev.cn/Info_104797.html
http://news.cnev.cn/Info_104826.html

By the way, I just completed 4 years on CCF.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Re: Kawei JNQ6340BEV (Haiquan A9-based)

NDRC recently (Notice #297 & #298) type approved this vehicle from Kawei. ..........
The car is an NEV version of the Haiquan A9 (see post #414), itself based on the Levdeo D50. This is the second attempt by Kawei to introduce a small LSEV as an NEV. The first one, Jingling (JNQ6320) has not seen light of day yet.
This is also the second vehicle from Levdeo (first being the JMEV E160) and the second vehicle from the Rainchst-Byvin joint small car program (first being the JMEV E100/Hawtai EV160R) to be accorded NEV status.
Hi DMitra,
Your knowledge of China's LSEV market developments never ceases to amaze me......and I think Erik would agree. :)
That brings me to the the above info you posted on July 18,2017 (#416). It seems to imply that Kawei, Levdeo and the Rainchst-Byvin venture are now among the other (fifteen) that we know to be recipients of NEV production permits, to date.
Could you clarify this?
It would be interesting to see a current list of the myriad LSEV makers who have succeeded in obtaining the government permit to produce NEV products.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #497 · (Edited)
@Lawrence, thank you for the kind words, again.

To answer your query, neither Levdeo (which is part of Byvin) nor Rainchst has won EV production permits under the new rules. The fifteen which have, are those 14 which you yourself listed in another thread + the new JAC-VW venture. So how are Levdeo and Rainchst getting their NEVs built? By using the licenses of Jiangling/Landwind and Hawtai and doing final assembly at their partners' plants.

Kawei is already producing NEVs like the EV1 (SUV), EV7 (pickup truck), and Jingling (microcar). Shortly, it will introduce the E10 (minivan) and E20 (see post #488 above, or the Kawei thread). It did not require a new EV production license because these vehicles have/will have their final assembly take place in a plant in Danyang that already has a vehicle production permit.

Recall our earlier discussions where I had mentioned that a manufacturer holding a vehicle production license does not require to apply for an EV project approval ("under the new rules") for producing an electric vehicle in an existing, already licensed plant. That is how Changan (for example) can make the Eado EV or Eulove EV despite not being a member of the above 15. The EV project approvals are required for greenfield or brownfield (refurbished) plants only.

I quote myself:

So who is exempt? If your company has a vehicle production license, is already operating a plant that has the requisite permissions, and has NDRC type-approval(s) for the particular NEV model(s) being built (or are intended to be built) at the said plant, you do not have to apply de novo for an EV production license under the new rules. This is the "grandfather" clause. If it weren't so, someone like BYD would have had to stop production of EVs forthwith.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 · (Edited)
Re: Kawei JNQ6340BEV (Haiquan A9-based)

It would be interesting to see a current list of the myriad LSEV makers who have succeeded in obtaining the government permit to produce NEV products.
Zhidou, Suda, and Greenwheel are three LSEV makers which have won new EV project approvals for their upcoming plants. They are part of the 15. (I include Zhidou as it was originally an LSEV maker)

Suda and Greenwheel have not shown what cars they will introduce as NEV. Other LSEV makers, like Rainchst, Baoya, Levdeo, Suntae, Maidi, Zuojun, Xinsheng have managed to get NDRC type-approval for their LSEV-derived NEVs via license-holding partners like Jiangling, Hawtai, Kawei, Brilliance, Youngman, and BAIC Ruili.

Getting NDRC type-approval for a model, getting production permits (EV or not) from NDRC for a manufacturer (often tied to an existing plant), and getting EV production permits from NDRC for a new EV project are three different things.

·
Registered
401 Posts
DMitra I delayed my response to your post, so your excellent clarification could be seen by other CCF readers.
Oh, and sorry, I meant to say "added to" the list of fifteen, rather than "among". And my choice of the acronym "NEV" instead of "EV", regarding the official permit, was off the mark too, as your explanation kindly pointed out.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #500 · (Edited)
Thanks, Lawrence, for the reply.

New EV project approval, as far as I know, has been suspended for some months, as stated in post #378, so right now there is little possibility of being "added to" the other fifteen. Nevertheless, many aspiring EV companies are going forward with construction of their new plants in the hope that (or they have inside info) new permits will be forthcoming in 2018.

However, recall the case of Lichi, which managed to bag a vehicle production permit in a roundabout way. But, as I explained here, Lichi should not be counted as "#16".

481 - 500 of 643 Posts