China Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
u know this really ofends me. They had all those sexy models and they decided to continue that rolling piece of crap??!! The chuanchi was one of my chinese dream cars so to speak, and he fengstar could have knocked Lifan Car out of the park. But the fucking alto??!! Goddamn they even had the city spirit. They could have used that but there making the fucking 1980mobile??!! Its absolute insanity and I bet you zotye will dissolve them in less than a year...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey everyone!

I am a bit shocked about the level of capitalism in china these days. One company buys another; then scraps their whole lineup with the exception of just one car - which is the oldest car in their former line-up, being developed in the mid/late 70ies. It`s 2008. This reminds me of cars like the Fiat 124/Lada Schiguli and the Renault 8/Dacia 1100, which were produced for decades.

As for the Lancia Lybra: That is a nice car, just about the size of the Buick Excelle, with an luxurious interiour. It tried to compete against BMW and Audi, but sale numbers were weak outside of Italy. I wonder if they will make changes to the exterior of the Lybra?!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Thanks for those pics martin_krpan! The Feng Star looks horrible in my eyes. Very cheap and the tail lights are huge!
The Chuanqi is the better Shanghai Maple (a Citroën ZX clone with Citroën Xsara-interior), with a much better looking rear, inspired by the Citroën Xsara:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Im offended u said that! BOTH cars are stunning in my book (and yes I am a guy that will choose this over a lambo...but ask which model first). Anybody know when they'll start makin 'em again??????????

·
Registered
186 Posts
Don't understand why they don't put bigger wheels on it.
And lower it a bit.
Looks soo much better on shows.
Everyone is doing it.
Now it looks a bit ugly

·
Administrator
16,707 Posts
Jiangnan Alto

Jiangnan Alto is the world's 3rd cheapest car at $3,570.

June 3, 2008 - To mark the 2008 Jiangnan Alto's launch and the second-generation Alto's rolling off the line, Zotye Jiangnan has started the promotional sales of its Alto cars. From May 26 to June 30, any Alto buyer can get a 3,000 yuan ($432) discount on the 27,800 yuan 0.8L small car. Which means you can drive a new Alto car away after paying 24,800 yuan ($3,570) for it!

Hunan Jiangnan Auto was controlled by Zhejiang Zotye Auto in March 2007 and achieved its best ever sales last year. In May, Jiangnan Auto's assembly plant celebrated its brand new Jiangnan Alto cars coming off the line. In the first four months of 2008, the sales of Jiangnan Alto increased by 65% over its previously best ever sales record.

The price of 24,800 yuan has hit a new low record of China-made small car's prices and is set to rival Tata's small car Nano, the world's current cheapest car which now sells worldwide for $2,500. India's another carmaker Bajaj Auto has also joined hands with Renault-Nissan to launch a small car as cheap as the Tata Nano in by 2011.

Chinese carmaker Chery's cheapest QQ hatchback model is currently priced at 39,800 yuan. Before Tata Nano came out in January 2008, Chery QQ had been considered as the cheapest small car in the world.
source: Gasgoo.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
must tell you, i am very impress with the chinese people. they have started with nothing, but today they are building cars at so much more. i believe that this coping of other models is just a way to start the bussnes, i'm sure that there are some very clever designers in china. the firt picture, i love that car, and it comes with sunroof.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The new front works well on a car that old. I am surprised to see a completely new interiour, though the backlinghts seem to be the same as in 1985.

·
Administrator
16,707 Posts
Article about Alto at Gasgoo.

Zotye Auto's $2,838 small car launched in China's inland regions

Lower cost cars are to finally hit the Chinese market. In a strategy previously followed by India's Tata Motors, Zotye Auto based in Yongkang, Zhejiang Province, launched its basic model called Jiangnan Alto on November 9, with a retail price of 18,800 yuan ($2,838).

The company plans to focus sales of the Jiangnan Alto in China's inland regions, including Hunan, Hebei, Shanxi, Sichuan, Shandong, Jilin, Shanxi, Henan provinces, and in rural areas. It is the first domestically made car sold below 20,000 yuan in China, costing only 2,000 yuan more than the world's cheapest car, Tata Motor's Nano, referred to as "The People's Car." An average mid-range family car costs around 150,000 yuan in Beijing Friday.

Equipped with a 0.8-liter engine, the Jiangnan Alto's basic model has a top speed of 120 kilometers per hour. The whole body measures 3.3 meters long, 1.465 meters wide, and 1.41 meters high. The wheelbase of the vehicle is 2.175 meters.

Though the present basic model does not yet meet Beijing's vehicle discharge standards, Zotye Auto is in the process of upgrading the vehicle to meet the capital's emission regulations. The whole series of Alto vehicles will be made available in the Beijing market at the same price as elsewhere.

An insider at Zotye Auto said the vehicle is selling at a loss at present. The Alto series was previously produced by joint-venture enterprise Changan Suzuki, but Zotye has bought the whole vehicle intellectual property rights and it is now manufactured in Changsha, Hunan Province.
http://autonews.gasgoo.com/china-news/zotye-auto-s-2-838-small-car-launched-in-china-s-101114.shtml

21 - 40 of 53 Posts