China Car Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
The one and only reason is the price. Besides, chinese history of automotive market is full of such examples, e.g. Jetta...
And also another models such as the Tianjin Xiali, the SVW Santana, the SVW Jetta Pionier... Not only the price; that cars are robust, easy to repair, they have a lot of spare parts and they are INDESTRUCTIBLE. The buyers are not stupid; they won't buy a car that has a duration of 5 or 6 years, they buy cars that has a duration of 10 years or more. Like my dad with his Corolla.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Jiangnan T11E (JNJ7000EVA12)

The latest EV version of the TT, called T11E, is propelled by a 24 kW motor backed by a 22 kWh battery pack. NEDC range, according to MIIT, is 255 km, as good as that of many other new small EVs.

·
Registered
388 Posts
MIIT rating of a 255 km. range is quite impressive, as I had previously only seen specs of under 200 km.
In any event, according to the following account at carnewschina.com
the old Alto-based Jiangnan models have been discontinued...., both ICE and EV?
What's the real scoop on this time-honored Suzuki knock off?

https://www.coolcarsinchina.com/201...is-an-electric-second-generation-suzuki-alto/

Incidentally, where would the China auto industry be without the devoted input of Suzuki, Daihatsu and Mitsubishi?

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
MIIT rating of a 255 km. range is quite impressive, as I had previously only seen specs of under 200 km.
In any event, according to the following account at carnewschina.com
the old Alto-based Jiangnan models have been discontinued...., both ICE and EV?
What's the real scoop on this time-honored Suzuki knock off?

https://www.coolcarsinchina.com/201...is-an-electric-second-generation-suzuki-alto/

Incidentally, where would the China auto industry be without the devoted input of Suzuki, Daihatsu and Mitsubishi?
Real-world range would be about 25%-35% lower, from what I gather in general from various NEDC vs WLTP vs EPA discussions on the web (not going into details of the several testing cycles though, just a rough estimate).

Last production of the Jiangnan TT (ICE) was in January of this year (<100 units), so we may consider production has ended, but T11 (EV) production/delivery has continued into the year, the latest taking place in June (~800 units YTD), so T11 is still very much there, and will be for some more time.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts