Models of Jiangnan Auto

86K views 55 replies 25 participants last post by  dmitra 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)

Attachments

#4 ·
busy Suzuki

In the early 80s' while major global players were making a big media splash about their joint ventures with the Chinese, Suzuki was quietly working with start-up China automakers to produce the Alto. Tongtian, Jiangnan, BYD (formerly Qinchuan), Chang'an, Guizhou Aviation, got a lot of momentum from the experience. Yeah, Americas got the gas-guzzling Sopranos but China's got the gas-saving Altos.

April 1 this year was no April Fool's Day for many drivers in Beijing, where Xiali, Alto and the like with small engines (1.0L and below) were finally allowed to run on the Chang'an Avenue in front of the Tiananmen Square after being restricted for eight years, according to a recent CBU report.

That Tongtian merger with Jiangnan looks like another step in the process of industry consolidation.

As for Jiangnan, I don't think it sold more than 4,000 cars last year. But it does export to some Middle East countries and also has good gov't backing.

#10 ·
The Maryo is the Jiangnan Chuanqi which is based on citroen ZX platform like Maple cars, its interior is looking like citroen Xara, and the specs are as following:

Dimensions

L*W*H (mm): 4200*1700*1410

Wheel Base(mm): 2538(mm)

Wheel Base( Front / Rear) (mm): 1420/1422

Seating Capacity: 5 persons

Steering System
Steering Type: Pinion & Rack EPS

Braking System

Braking Style (Front /Rear Wheel): Disk/Drum

Suspension System

Front /Rear Suspension (907/755)
(Front) Sliding Pole Swing Arm Independent Suspension
(Rear) Spiral Independent Suspension

Transmission: Mechanical (5+1)

Tire Specifications: 165/70R14

Economical Data

Fuel Consumption L/100KM: 6.1

Fuel Tank Volume(L): 51

Fuel Sorts: 93#Petrol

Emission Standard: GB18352.2-2001

Performance Specifications

Engine Type: MR479QA

Displacement( CC ): 1498

Compression Ratio: 9.8:1

Max. Power KW/RPM: 69/6000

Max. Torque (NM/RPM): 128/3400

Weight Specifications

Gross Weight(KG): 1500

Curb Weight(KG): 1120

Power Performance

Max. Speed (KM/H): 160

Passing Performance

Min. Ground Clearance MM: 150

Min. Turning Diameter (M): 10
Angle of Approach/Angle of Departure: 22.8/31.2

#14 ·
i know what you are saying Willem mate and i am not knocking Chinese taste but if they want to be successful world-wide they need to come up with a more integrated, pleasing design that will be universally accepted. the Japanese and Koreans have finally managed it with the Yaris, Civic, Mazda 6 and Hyundai Coupe to name but a few.

#17 · (Edited)
Ling-Ling said:
Those are photochopped and doctored pictires of the Camry (duh). But anywho, I kinda think the Feng Star is rather...ugly.
Ling Ling I'll admit that those graphics are a bit strange looking, but the Fengguang does exist. Here's a photo of it coming off line. It looks better in the flesh.

Laofan as the cost of production (materials etc) rises and as Jiangnan numbers fail to rise, it doesn't surprise me to hear that things are not looking good for this small fish in a big sea. After Jiangnan's absorbtion of Tongtian, I thought there might be a tie up with Geely but that never developed.

Attachments

#19 ·
Information about the company from their official site:

Jiangnan Automobile Co.,Ltd is a well-known large-scale military enterprise in Hunan under the Chinese Weapon Industry Corporation----Jiangnan Machinery (Group)Co.,Ltd,the only sedan car manufacturer in Hunan. As one of the most popular classic model sedan car—Alto,It has a good reputation and is well-known by Chinese people for ripe technique and reliable quality.

The Jiangnan Automobile Co.,Ltd owns a lots of talents with R & D ability and know-how. Many technicians master advanced automotive knowledge and professional skill from current auto industry.The elites come together working in Jiangnan Automobile Co.,Ltd. In present company, above 65% of the staff have ever been trained in Japan which promote constant main power of motive for the company's development.

Jiangnan Automobile Co.,Ltd adopts the strict quality control system and the company have already passed the ISO 9001:2000 quality system and the National Quality Authority Organization Certification of "CCC" and extend it to the cooperation with the suppliers.The Jiangnan Automobile Co., Ltd has built up an efficient and complete quality control system and with the strict choice of the kit business enterprise and with restructures which could guarantee the quality of the products and parts.

By the end of 2003, the second stage project of Jiangnan automobile company, which covers an area of 160 acres and with an investment of 380,000,000 RMB, had already completed and entered the production stage.Its annual production output reach 20,000 middling cars and the total production value at 2billion RMB.

Except from the current Jiangnan Alto series, the newly developed“JiangNan Spirit 0.8L—1.1L”and “1.5L JiangNan Chuanqi” which own complete and independent intelligent property right will put on the market in the future.

Jiangnan Automobile sales company owns a lot of modern office facilities and through the area net, which makes it possible to reach the EDI office model.Implement the integral model of sales and service. It owns A-level sales and after-sale service team and has established over 120 first level sales spots and over 120 after-sale maintenance stations. Jiangnan Automobile sales company would establish the service system of “Gentle, High efficiency, fast and reasonable” for a better future in the Chinese auto market. Jiangnan Automobile sales company takes the trustworthiness as the origin,and with a high performance & price comparison to face the market competition.

At the time of expanding the domestic market, Jiangnan automobile Co., Ltd has on way of the “international development road", speed up the construction of the international sales outlets, creat international brand gradually. It started to expand the oversea market in 2004;export the sample car in 2005 and in January 2006, completed the overseas order of 1,446,450 US$.Currently received the order of USD 1,615,000( under manufacturing). Strive for a 30% of output goes toward the overseas market. Set up the factory in two and three typical regional markets and expand the international market continuously.

Jiangnan Automobile Co.,Ltd counts on quality for existence, count on products variety for development, manufacturing pure "Jiangnan" cars, to be real" Jiangnan staff ”, the company will strive hard for being a well-known leading automobile manufacturer which will be scientifically managed, industry large-scale, market internationalized.

Jiangnan Automobile Co.,Ltd was merged into Zotye Holding Group in Jan 2007.At present, the entire Internentional overseas business has been managed by Zotye Imp & Exp Co Ltd. Zotye Holding Group is actively doing reform in mangement and manufacturing technics to upgrade Jiangnan AutomobileCo.,Ltd. Zotye Holding Group will build the car manufacturing base in Hunan Province to complete its car industry distributes,and 8 models are planned to come out within 3 years,while yearly production capacity can reach 200,000 units.

To adapt company's new development,we will rebuild the whole sales and service system,we would like to work with dealer and service provider at home and abroad for long term cooperation for common development.

The future prospect of Jiangnan Automobile Co.,Ltd will be brighter than ever before, Jiangnan Auto will definitely be a major force in the world wide competition.

#23 ·
u know this really ofends me. They had all those sexy models and they decided to continue that rolling piece of crap??!! The chuanchi was one of my chinese dream cars so to speak, and he fengstar could have knocked Lifan Car out of the park. But the fucking alto??!! Goddamn they even had the city spirit. They could have used that but there making the fucking 1980mobile??!! Its absolute insanity and I bet you zotye will dissolve them in less than a year...

#25 ·
Hey everyone!

I am a bit shocked about the level of capitalism in china these days. One company buys another; then scraps their whole lineup with the exception of just one car - which is the oldest car in their former line-up, being developed in the mid/late 70ies. It`s 2008. This reminds me of cars like the Fiat 124/Lada Schiguli and the Renault 8/Dacia 1100, which were produced for decades.

As for the Lancia Lybra: That is a nice car, just about the size of the Buick Excelle, with an luxurious interiour. It tried to compete against BMW and Audi, but sale numbers were weak outside of Italy. I wonder if they will make changes to the exterior of the Lybra?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.