China Car Forums banner

Modern Automobile

13K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Chinese LSEV 
#1 ·
A while ago I came across another New Energy Vehicle-startup called Modern Automobile, when they announced their first car. The company is based in Shanghai and has a subsidiary in Changzhou, Jiangsu. I tried to find more details about the brand, but other than that it's founded by someone named Liu Xiu, I didn't find much. So I kind of forgot about it, until MIIT batch #431. In there is a car called Modern M600, pictures below. The manufacturer is Beijing Automobile Manufacturing (BAW, maker of the BJ212), probably because Modern doesn't have its own production license.

Modern M600 (BAW7003UB51BEV / BAW7003UB52BEV)

See less See more
#3 ·
Sam,
MIIT (the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology) each month publishes a list of car models seeking approval for production and sales. This car is from the latest MIIT list. It has not had a commercial introduction yet, as far as I know. So prices and full specifications are not known.

#4 ·
The pre-order price is announced at RMB 125.800 ($19.500 / €16.000).

Apparantly the car is named Modern in600 instead of Modern m600.

#9 · (Edited)

#13 ·
The car is produced by BAW

A while ago I came across another New Energy Vehicle-startup called Modern Automobile, when they announced their first car. The company is based in Shanghai and has a subsidiary in Changzhou, Jiangsu. I tried to find more details about the brand, but other than that it's founded by someone named Liu Xiu, I didn't find much. So I kind of forgot about it, until MIIT batch #431. In there is a car called Modern M600, pictures below. The manufacturer is Beijing Automobile Manufacturing (BAW, maker of the BJ212), probably because Modern doesn't have its own production license.

#16 ·
Note that this off-line ceremony took place in Yancheng and not at the BAW plant in Laixi where the "in" (MD11) used to be manufactured. From the on-site photographs, the Yancheng factory does look a tad better equipped to handle production than it did in 2020. Stats reveal that the "in" has not been produced since January, and a total of slightly over 1000 units were produced in 2021 and 2022 (as of June). Retail sales have been even more dismal at a mere 227 units in these two years (194 + 33 till June). The apparent suspension could also be due to Modern Auto (planning on) transferring production from BAW to its own facility, but this is speculation.

Initial specs show that the MD12 is larger than the "in".

#17 ·
#18 · (Edited)
Looks like Guoxin, despite its and Aoxin's poor track record of selling passenger cars, is getting a rebadged version ("Yike Xin"); moreover it seems to suggest that Modern Auto will use Guoxin's manufacturing license to produce cars in Yancheng.

Re: my post of July 26, 2022 above, let me add that Modern Auto resumed production in August.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.