China Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
patience patience. you need to wait a few more months before the one with the 1.8T motor comes out. it is similar in spec to VW's 1.8T BUT NOT RIPPED OFF. it should be relatively straightforward to drop in an aftermarket ECU and dial it up to about 230-250 bhp.

·
Registered
126 Posts
fightingtorque said:
BUT NOT RIPPED OFF.
Why do you emphasize it's a NOT RIPPED OFF, you were afraid of something?:D
For a long time I haven't seen China hater talking about the chassis stuff, kinda miss him..

·
Registered
561 Posts
lol yea i guess the forum is kinda usless without real_i_hate_china, there would be nothing to argue about

·
Registered
198 Posts
lol, you do have a point there gr8~

·
Registered
507 Posts
This is by far the best looking Chinese made car. I wish the Chinese car companies would form an alliance and export their best cars under one brand name to the US.

·
Registered
481 Posts
@ bring it

its not like they are making banannans and they would make it under the same name to export to you !!

china is very big , making companies merge isn't that easy as making bannana companies merge .

·
Registered
507 Posts
Where did I say about merging???

I said an aliance, where each mfg can provide their best cars, and sell in the US in an concentrated effort.

Btw, many banana companies are huge multi-national conglomerates. Just thought I'd point that out.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Zhonghua's got broad appeal

It's obvious that we are all admirers of the sharp looks of these Zhonghua sedans but the future is a tough one for its maker Brilliance. Its dominance in minivan market is slipping away and there are other problems like having such a narrow lineup of sedans to offer.
The longstanding association with Toyota and now the link-up with BMW are definitely pluses but its still going to be tough for Brilliance to remain viable in this market. Maybe adding a small affordable car with that same great Grandeur styling would help.

·
Registered
450 Posts
This should probably be in a different section, but.....

The company has just completed shaking itself free of its history. It was established by an entrepreneur Mr Yang Rong, but because he wanted to move it away from Shenyang and make the new investments in Ningbo, he came into conflict with the Liaoning province government. They uncovered some questions about his past, so he basically fled to USA and the Liaoning government has spent the last 2 years steadily ousting the original directors.

This changeover and the associated control struggle has probably been a cause of slowing down their new model introductions over last 2 years.

If they can move forward at speed from here on (compare new model introduction rate to Chery) then they could be good. The original Zhonghua has not established a great reputation for quality but I expect the company has learned a lot since then. Having good looking cars is always going to be a big advantage, I like the original big sedan and from most of the pictures I think the new smaller one looks pretty good too.

And of course the engines will be good. I know this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts