China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
This is good news. China's car brands are on the rise. I am sure this is just the beginning.

The most important thing is for Chinese automakers to become well established in their home market, which is vast. Once they become strong competitors there, they can compete anywhere in the world.

·
Registered
280 Posts
mgrovernut said:
True but in 15 years time car makers like Cherry risk being seen as cheap cars whilst car makers like Ford will be seen as good middle class cars. Ultimately that could become a problem. The best thing to do would be to have one brand to take on VW and co and one brand to concentrate on volume....
Yes, however, considering the fact that Chery only came out with its first car 6 years ago and that it's cars were qualitatively much inferior to foreign carmakers up until only recently, that's a natural outcome.

I think once Chery and other domestic carmakers catch up in quality, which I predict will happen in the next 5 years, then their images will improve as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.