China Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great Wall Motor Co. in Central America

:p Hello ! We are very happy, because now we have oportunited, to shopping good cars whith low price, because in Costa Rica we pay high taxes, example in cars we pay 57% of tax to have a new car.This is a good deal to all the peoples in America, especial in Centro and South America.Is some baddy have good fhotos of GreatWall cars please send me.I have now a new SAFE and Iam very happy. Welcome GreatWall Motors, you are doing very good :thumb:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Para todos los usuarios de GreatWall Cars

Ya somos muchos los usuarios en este forum, y debemos de haber muchos que tenemos un Greatwall. Utilisemos este medio que es muy bueno, para compartir, ideas, fotografias, tips, ect. Y tambien saber cuantos hablamos en español??:confused: Buena idea:thumb:
Saludos a todos y buena suerte con esta idea.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Translation To English

For all the users of GreatWall Cars

Already we are many users in this forum, and we should have many that have a Greatwall. Utilisemos this middle that is very good, to share, ideas, you photograph, tips, ect. And I would like to know as many that speak in Spanish?? Good idea Greetings to all and good luck with this idea.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, friends of the forum!!! I recibe post of peolpe to whant to do in spanish and is better to me.
Mucha gente esta muy interesada en comprar marcas Chinas en automoviles, pero como todo,hay dudas y quieren oir experiencias. Todos sabemos que en China se hacen cosas muy buenas,buenas y malas. Entonces depende de la marca que se escoja, ustedes van a tener buenos resultados. Ya sabemos que en el sitio China.com, podemos ver las grandes marcas mundiales que estan haciendo vehiculos en china, ejemplo: VW, TOYOTA, Mercedes Bens, audi, Rover y otras Ellos utilisan los certificados ISO, por lo tanto sabemos que si hay calidad. Hay un sitio en USA de Automotive News y el sitio es WWW.Autonews.com donde si ustedes entran se les va a parar el pelo, al ver empresas como: TOYOTA, FORD, GM, Merceden Bens, haciendo "reacalls" a fabrica de millones de vehiculos que salieron con defectos de fabrica. Po eso me extraña los comentarios del señor "I HATE CHINA" que los siento poco constructivos. En fin eso es para otra oportunidad. Lo importante es que los autos chinos, son muy baratos y nos permiten a la clase media que es la mas grande del mundo a comprar vehiculos a buen precio. Pero eso si, dependienmdo del pais de donde ustedes son, verifiquen bien los "DEALERS" para que no se lleven sorpresas. Hasta pronto, que tenga un buen fin de semana :thumb:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Here is google translation of Dennis' writings,I've also played around with it
Hello, friends of the forum! I receives post of people to what to do in spanish and its helping me.

Many people are very interested in buying Chinese marque in automobiles, but like everything, are doubts and people hear bad experiences.

All we know that in China very good things become, good and bad. Then it depends on the mark that is chosen, your are going to have good results. We already know that in the China.com site, we can see the great world-wide marques that they're making Chinese vehicles, example: VW, TOYOTA, Mercedes Benz, Audi, Rover and other They utilising certificates ISO, therefore we know that if there is quality.

There is a site in the USA of Automotive News and the site is www.Autonews.com where if you enter is going away to them to stop the hair, when seeing companies like: TOYOTA, FORD, GM, Mercedes Benz, doing “recalls” to makes of million vehicles that left with defects makes.
That surprises the commentaries to me of the gentleman “I HATE CHINA” that I feel them little constructive. In aim that is for another opportunity.

The important thing is that the Chinese cars, are very cheap and they allow us middle-class that is but the great one of the world to buy vehicles with effort. But that if, depend on the country of where you are, verifies the “DEALERS well” so that surprises do not take.

Until soon, have a good weekend

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, micodelia, i have expirence with greatwall in Costa Rica, i have one Safe 4X2, I buy aboute 6 moth, and i am very happy, other think I am the sales manager og GreatWall Autos, we have in the market 3 years, we sold aprox. 600 units, and every people are very happy with ours cars. We sold: Deer sigle cag, extra cab and doble cab. Safe, Hover, Sing, Sailor and we are waiting the Wingle pick up, this is way I need interior photos to my costomers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi from the central pacific region of Costa Rica. I am, as you all can see, new to this forum but by no means a newcomer to car forums with over 7000 posts on MINI Cooper forums (just google my screen name,LOL). There is a great wall dealer in San Jose and I am very interested to hear from anyone who has experience with this dealer as well as with the cars here in Costa Rica. As someone has already posted , cars here in Costa Rica tend to be very pricey because of the enormous import tariff imposed on cars. A Toyota FJ which can be bought in moderate trim from a dealer in the US for roughly $28,000 costs
$49,000 here. wow huh? The prices I have heard kicked around for GWM vehicles here in CR sound too good to be true. I was told by a mechanic in Cartago(Mitsubishi mostly) that a GWM pickup was brought into his shop on a flatbed having had the motor fall out on the ground. Might have been sour grapes on his part, don't know, but I would love to hear some feedback about these cars from owners, and of course any feedback on the dealer would be good too. Thanks, Jock

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: Para todos los usuarios de GreatWall Cars

Dennis Juan Sanabria said:
Ya somos muchos los usuarios en este forum, y debemos de haber muchos que tenemos un Greatwall. Utilisemos este medio que es muy bueno, para compartir, ideas, fotografias, tips, ect. Y tambien saber cuantos hablamos en español??:confused: Buena idea:thumb:
Saludos a todos y buena suerte con esta idea.
aca de chile estimado, aca GWM ha sido una marca bien recibida, si incluso, la policia chilena tiene, y es usada (sobre todo la wingle y la deer) las faenas mineras de codelco (cobre-largest copper producer worlwide) y de BHP Billiton

·
Registered
938 Posts
holdenontoit said:
Hi from the central pacific region of Costa Rica. I am, as you all can see, new to this forum but by no means a newcomer to car forums with over 7000 posts on MINI Cooper forums (just google my screen name,LOL). There is a great wall dealer in San Jose and I am very interested to hear from anyone who has experience with this dealer as well as with the cars here in Costa Rica. As someone has already posted , cars here in Costa Rica tend to be very pricey because of the enormous import tariff imposed on cars. A Toyota FJ which can be bought in moderate trim from a dealer in the US for roughly $28,000 costs
$49,000 here. wow huh? The prices I have heard kicked around for GWM vehicles here in CR sound too good to be true. I was told by a mechanic in Cartago(Mitsubishi mostly) that a GWM pickup was brought into his shop on a flatbed having had the motor fall out on the ground. Might have been sour grapes on his part, don't know, but I would love to hear some feedback about these cars from owners, and of course any feedback on the dealer would be good too. Thanks, Jock
the person who told you this is an IDIOT, what else i can say? do you really think that gwm produce car which when you drive them from the dealer fall apart during driving? this can happen only is something was broken during off road driving or poor cheking before delivering vehicle to the customer, production fail can always happend, but i think that every car before delivery must be checked

i have a hover and i and with him over 120.000 km, i have a wingle pick up and pass with him 60000 km, no problem, i had old models, deer, safe and so on, pass between 50000 km, no problem, i personaly have over 20 models of great wall vehicles without any bigger problems

you can check my car on this forum, topic is called 100.000 km with my hover

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Micodelija,
I can appreciate your strong reaction to this dubious claim. But just realize that this kind of criticism is bound to be thrown at Chinese autos just because of the widespread anti-Chinese bias we find out there in the current day. But the quality and reliability, over time, will ultimately speak for itself, and put to rest such nonsense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
micodelija said:
the person who told you this is an IDIOT, what else i can say? do you really think that gwm produce car which when you drive them from the dealer fall apart during driving? this can happen only is something was broken during off road driving or poor cheking before delivering vehicle to the customer, production fail can always happend, but i think that every car before delivery must be checked

i have a hover and i and with him over 120.000 km, i have a wingle pick up and pass with him 60000 km, no problem, i had old models, deer, safe and so on, pass between 50000 km, no problem, i personaly have over 20 models of great wall vehicles without any bigger problems

you can check my car on this forum, topic is called 100.000 km with my hover
I am only relaying what I was told. I have no knowledge of whether this happened or not. Like I said, the mechanic is well known in Cartago, and he was the service manager at the Mitsubishi dealer in San Jose before going out on his own. The name of his company is Taller Y Repuestos His name is Cokie, and his phone number is 2573-7489. Don't take my word for it, call him yourself. All I asked for was some feedback on the car and the dealership , not some flame war. chill out dude.

·
Registered
938 Posts
holdenontoit said:
I am only relaying what I was told. I have no knowledge of whether this happened or not. Like I said, the mechanic is well known in Cartago, and he was the service manager at the Mitsubishi dealer in San Jose before going out on his own. The name of his company is Taller Y Repuestos His name is Cokie, and his phone number is 2573-7489. Don't take my word for it, call him yourself. All I asked for was some feedback on the car and the dealership , not some flame war. chill out dude.
most important is that "relaying,resaying, i hear, and so on", many people told something for what they don't have any proof, i don't want to call this gentelman on the phone because i live in europe and this is a forum where everybody can write his own opinion, it will be good if that gentelman can provide vin number, model, code, photos of vehicles to see what really happend, also before you write something liek this it will be good that you read whole topic about great wall, you can found there many expiriances of the oweners, also you can check the site chinamobil.ru where is over 20000 users of gwm vehicles

i also have very negative reply's from mitsubishi services here in croatia where i live, some "smart mechanics" told to me that in hover isn't original mitsubishi engine.....that this is a copy, that parts don't fit and so on, one time i left without ignition coil on vehicle and i didn't have in on stock, so i think let me to to the mitsubishi service i had a spare part code to buy in there, when i came there the mechanic told to me: why you bring here this junk of car??? then i went to his manager and talk to him, he lisen me very carefuly and we together found a spare part and i replace it personaly in front of the eyes of that mechanic, that "smart" mechanic was shocked, also this service in on "good voice and have good reputation" but sometimes the biggest problems are those roumors and talkings for which people don't have any proof, also i personaly take charge that this mechanic got 20% off from his payment because of arrogant behaviur

if some mechaninc do something like that in my service i will sack him from job emmediatly, also for this mechanic who give to you this information....how reliable he can be if he told to others issues which he repair, when i was at eduaction center we share this informations but we all was sellers of gwm, so we share our expirinaces how to easliy solve problem, not to told to the other...you see, this car is junk.

he must be profesional and do his job well, even new expensive cars like bmw, mercedes can have engine or other fail, but what the service do? repair it and provide your customer safe ride with the vehicles, also take a notes about the vehicle so if somebody want to buy that vehicle he can know all history about it, date of services, which job was done to vehicles and so on

i could order this part from china or italy but this is take me 5 or 7 day and it was very urgent for me, so i try my chances because i was sure that parts are the same, then you can buy a part for enigne in almost every mitsubishi after sale service like in italy, many dealers of mitsubishi also sell gwm vehicles because all is the same, very reliable and easy to repair

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all. Reporting from Honduras !!

Here in Honduras Grupo Q is the one representing Great Wall. I have not tested one or anything but i see a lot of them in the streets doing hard work. We all know that most of the time you think of Chinese cars you think of bad quality but here in my country people also consider that if a big company like Grupo Q is distributing them, the quality and service should be good.

Now, I think I have not tested them because i really don´t like the styling of the trucks. I mean, they are based on the old Isuzu right? Maybe when they put something new out ,I might go check em out. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts