China Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I was just talkin on another part of the forum about my all new PALIO
( I discuss it here , since there's a chinese version of it called Nanjing Fiat Palio )

I loved the car for the 6 days I spent it with
today I was going to get my license plates ( car numbers plates )

while on the way

a peugeot 504 ( Old one ) taxi stopped suddenly in the middle of the road ! I was on 60-70 km/h behind him , so I thought i should make a sharp left and evade him , to find that there's a speeding black Kia Cerato blocking my way

kicked down the clutch and brakes pedal to the max ... ABS done its magic
leaving me without a right headlight
scratched / broken and torn right side of the bumper
scratched / broken and torn right side of the hood
scratched / broken and torn right part above the right front wheel ( dont know its name ) .

I am very pissed off , the car is not yet under waranty , and i hate my self !

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i actualy ment insurance , I was on my way to the insurance company after getting my plates ...

of course they wont fix a thing now ..

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
growth experience

Not to worry Cryptonx....it could have been much worse.

You could have rear-ended an 18 wheeler truck, and had another just behind you that couldn't stop....ouch.

Keep enough space in front and keep an eye on the rear view mirror to make sure the guy following is keeping enough space too.

Two weeks after getting my first VW beetle, I had to stop quickly in heavy traffic and the gal behind me didn't. She rear-ended me, pushing me into the car ahead....ouch. Fortunately neither were big trucks.

We are both much wiser drivers now.

Happy motoring in your new car....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the tips

but it doesnt look that new now :(

·
Registered
507 Posts
Oh tough luck...

I never try to swirl around a stopped or suddenly slowed downed car - there could be someone crossing the streets!

You could have hit a person! Just be glad it's only minor damage to a car...

·
Registered
135 Posts
The important thing is that you are not physically injured, have gained experience from the little scuffle, and will never make the same mistake again.
Besides, now you have first person insight in how the Palio behaves not only under heavy braking, but also in a physical wreck, giving you knowledge into how far you can push the car.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I know

thanks for your concerns , dear friends :)
I feelt a bit better now , Altho my voice is still SILENCED thanks to the screaming and swearing and insults I exchanged with the taxi driver for over 3 hours :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
i actualy ment insurance , I was on my way to the insurance company after getting my plates ...

of course they wont fix a thing now ..
Here some factors which could be a reason for your car insurance rates. These factors will help you to reduce your car insurance rates.
1. Geographic Location
Congestion, accident and Insurance claims are more in highly populated areas because more of your insurance cover theft or damage to the car.
2. Age
IIHS found that drivers ages 30 to 69 are much less likely to crash. Read More

1 - 10 of 10 Posts