China Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 23 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that a company called Global Holdings International is planning to bring the Nanjing Soyat line and an assortment of other Chinese cars, trucks, busses and heavy equipment (including a bizarre 3-wheeled dump truck) to Mexico and then the USA in 2007!
So if these people are presumably working with Nanjing on federalising the Soyat, might this mean that they will be the distributors for MG when the time comes?

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MG/Nanjing/Soyat viability

On the website for GH Motors Mexico, the only small car shown is the (current) Soyat, which they have model-named "INet". In the US press the company said that they will market everything from "minis" to heavy equipment. So the logical assumption is that they will try to US-federalise the Soyat. In the list of companies they plan to source from, I didn't see any other known builders of economy cars. The Soyat is one of the few Chinese small cars that already has airbags, so that helps a little.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nanjing Soyat not USA-bound after all?

chabbu said:
On the website for GH Motors Mexico, the only small car shown is the (current) Soyat, which they have model-named "INet". In the US press the company said that they will market everything from "minis" to heavy equipment. So the logical assumption is that they will try to US-federalise the Soyat. In the list of companies they plan to source from, I didn't see any other known builders of economy cars. The Soyat is one of the few Chinese small cars that already has airbags, so that helps a little.
After scrutinizing all of the websites I could find for the GH Motors group, I'm starting to think that the "minis" for the USA referred to by the Taiwanese CEO are actually minibusses and/or minivans, and that the Soyat may be intended for Mexico only.
Still, this means that the North American branch of the operation must be dealing with Nanjing on some level.
Chad

1 - 3 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.