China Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
proximal said:
I'm not sure the types of people who buy such cars would buy something from China.
If they continue to build it then they would surly build it in their UK factory, not in China, so there should not be a problem.

I saw 5 of these last Sunday - the sound they make is unbelievable :eek: and I don't mean that its loud :D

These clips don't really do it justice:

http://www.peterstevensdesign.co.uk/mgsv%20video_pp.mpg

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/mg/0/5EB9E532-7A15-4C1E-80AC-77B9C8F89FA5.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUsRgZoEALg (Note: this is the base model)

Interestingly, on the wall of the MG stand at a recent trade show, Nanjing where displaying the V8 logo which suggests they may well continue with the V8 engines and possibly this car.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I would bet on them launching the MGTF small sports car in China though. I believe they want to get it going again in UK production as a high priority and think there might be enough market for it in China.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The exterior looks awesome and the engine produces an aggressive sound, the only shortcomings I have sen in this car are the disappointing interior, poor build quality, and the high price. If Nanjing could improve the interior, vastly improve the build quality, lower the price, and please the host of Top Gear, who if I recall correctly is credited for partially contributing MG Rover's collapse, then the car could become a success and become China's answer to the new Nissan GTR and Acura NSX. Does anyone know approxametly how much money Nanjing could save by moving production to China?

Here is a quote about Jeremy Clarkson: http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/teamprofile.shtml
Jeremy Clarkson

Born in the decade of the hippy, Clarkson has shunned the way of free love and peace, preferring instead to drive around corners very fast, yelling ‘POWER’ at the top of his lungs.

Clarkson has been accused of some amazing things in his time, including destroying a mountain, destroying the environment and destroying Rover cars. In his defence, the mountain is still there, we can all still breathe and Rover would still be here if their management hadn't been so terrible.

Jeremy writes for both The Sun and The Times as well as Top Gear magazine when he isn't on TV, shouting ‘POWER’. He's also presented Have I Got News for You, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, and has been a guest on QI a number of times.

·
Registered
66 Posts
DOS said:
If Nanjing could improve the interior, vastly improve the build quality, lower the price, and please the host of Top Gear, who if I recall correctly can actually be credited for putting Rover out of business in the first place
MGRs collapse had nothing to do with Top Gear, in fact the programme heavily criticizes other manufacturers - and they don't go out of business.

Its collapse was mainly due to having products nobody wanted - 15 months after the factory closed they still haven't sold off the remaining stock.

And Nanjing are thinking of relaunching those very products. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
469 Posts
The criticism may not have caused the problems but they did give the brands an image (pipe and slippers, grandad etc) which failed to sell. They have criticised other brands but given them an image which does sell.

The reason the stock hasn't all been sold is that they are controlling supply so that the remaining dealers don't run out of stock and go bust before the new cars arrive.

If anyone wants a brand new MG SV supercar, there are some freshly released ones (with improved interiors) here:

classicdriver.co.uk

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think you may be on the wrong forum Mega, as far as I am aware there are no Porsche vehicles made in China or by any Chinese owned companies, not even copies!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mega, like Puppetland, is famous in own own lunchbreak on many MG Rover forums! In fact banned from some MG Rover forums!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ah, yes, I might have guessed Mega and Puppetland would both reappear here with the dreary inevitability of an unloved season. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
507 Posts
This car should only be built if there's a sound business plan behind it.

Don't do it due to an ego trip! It will ruin the company very quickly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
that video is awesome Windy. the Hot Wheels liveried cars looked great.

Mega, you would sooner buy a souless Porsche instead of a Mustang-engined, Italian-built, British-designed MG with bags of caracter? get real! :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts