China Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
i buy at S$33000 in singapore, now have run about 1200km still at 10km/l. I think is the air-con, if the air-con is off more power. alot of difference went air-con on.

He getting 11.5km/ litre is ok for that big cc
my only 800cc:(

hazik said:
How much did you pay for it? Fuel economy should get better after break in period.

This guy is getting 11.5km/ litre in his A516

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have buy a chery QQ in singapore, now the total mileage is 2050km. But my fuel consumtion now is at 10.8km / L. I feel that the air-con is takeing away alot of power from the engine.:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi chinoy. The FC in paper is 24km/l , i only expect 15km/l. My FC review is all post in here
I cant post the Url so just key the 3w.oneshift.com/forum/topic_details.php?fid=17&tid=1794&cb=list_topics.php%3Ffid%3D17%26page_id%3D1

chinoy54 said:
hi, nelson. what does the dealer claim the ave. fuel consumption to be? you are right in that the operation of the a/c does take something off fuel economy, & living in singapore means the a/c is on every time you drive. so, the ave. fuel consmption as claimed by the dealer should take this into account.

also, you cannot base the fuel consumption on a spot check basis. you will have to monitor your fuel consmption over a period of time-say 3 months, then take the average. the way to do this is relatively simple. all you need is an index card divided into three columns. col.1-date, col2-odometer reading, col3-liters of fuel loaded. to start, use up as much fuel as is safe so that the you have at most 1/4th tank left. fuel up & fill in the data, say 15 dec. 1535kms, 35 liters. at the end of say, one month, all you have to do is deduct the beginning reading from the ending reading to get the total kms run, then divide by the total amount of fuel loaded during the same period & you will have a fairly accurate ave. fuel consumption reading.

this figure should not deviate more than 20% from the dealer's claim. if more, you have cause to claim high fuel consumption.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts