China Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Problems when shifting down e.g. from third to second are generally related to the synchromesh on the gear you are trying to select.

If it is not making noise, but just reluctant to go in, it may improve with more mileage. If it is crunching then it needs to be fixed.

Vibration when pulling away sounds like you may have clutch judder, could be the clutch is damaged. Could also be your technique.

On both these points you need to take it to an authorised service centre. You will find a list of these in the back of the small booklet that comes with the car. All these problems would be covered by the warranty, you pay nothing. I have owned a Chery and found the three sevice companies I used were both very good (I used three because of geography, one was where I used to live, and when I moved to shanghai one was close to my work and one close to my home).

Ignore people who say 'I've heard blah blah blah chevrolet. What they mean is that they saw it on the internet and are trying to bore us to death with the story.

·
Registered
450 Posts
taking my adult hat off, have you tried the following technique for pulling away:

nail the throttle.
with the engine bouncing off the rev limiter, dump the clutch.
hang on to the wheel and let the tyres do the work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts