China Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard they have a new one for the Wingle with 110kW and 320Nm

does anyone have any details about this or the 2.5 tci?

·
Registered
938 Posts
2.5 tci is based on the 2.8 tc or tci, simply have intercooler and 80 kw, gwm offer it already for hover, check on some previous topics for hover, you have plenty of photos there, it's a isuzu based engine with common rail, i have the 2.8 tc on my test wingle, it isn't very noisy and it isn't big fuel consumer, between 7 and 9 liters

2.5 tci in hover, the same engine goes in wingle also, there was one test in china where they got a fuel consuption of only 4,7 liters per 100 km/h, plenty of time I also belive myself how chinese drivers learn to save fuel during driving, they have a special school for it and special drivers in company

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
micodelija you are surely a prince among men

word is they want to sell that 2.0 litre turbodiesel in the Wingle soon

it sounds like a good engine with all the modern things we expect (eg. DOHC, direct injection, variable turbo)

i'm not sure if you will suffer a big power loss from the 2.5 or 3.0 litre versions?

·
Registered
938 Posts
main problem of chinese producers of vehicles is chinese laws and regulations, they can't simply put in the vehicles the engines with much HP and with big fuel consuption

also I just expect that this new engine will be reliable engine in which you can thrust to pass over 500.000 km, like those old isuzu based engine, we just did a "big service" on our test wingle which have 60000 km, we replace all belts, water pump, some oil seals and so on...and when we took down the cilinder head all look like new, we have also couple of deer models with old 4D28 engine which have only 57 kw, but some models now have over 100.000 km without problem, only problem is that those old engines without turbo are really slow and noisy, but they save us fuel

my friend also have old isuzu tropper with the similiar 2.8 engine and he pass with it over 630.000 km for now, without any problem

·
Registered
102 Posts
TonyJZX said:
micodelija you are surely a prince among men

word is they want to sell that 2.0 litre turbodiesel in the Wingle soon

it sounds like a good engine with all the modern things we expect (eg. DOHC, direct injection, variable turbo)

i'm not sure if you will suffer a big power loss from the 2.5 or 3.0 litre versions?
2 weeks ago i got the presentations of the new wingle single cab with 2.0 diesel engine and 6 speed manual geer box. I think it will be avaible in a couple of months.
This kind of engine euro v with small displacement is very good for countries that tax too much bigger engines

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm pretty sure they must have gotten some help making this motor

you don't suddenly jump from SOHC and even pushrod motors to high pressure common rail and euro 5 emissions and DFP in one model cycle

to put this into perspective, the Audi/VW 2.0 diesel does 103kW and 320Nm so it's dead on the mark

that motor however is used mainly in passenger cars and luxury cars at that

i expect this GWM motor have a fair bit of clatter and NVH typical of truck diesels

·
Registered
938 Posts
phaeton said:
I'm not saying GW can't develop their own engines but who is the original builder of this engine ? Mitsubishi or VW etc ?

If just GW I'm impressed :D

this is a photo from company catalog of engine production, i see this live but i wasn't allowed to take some real photos

great wall have one of the most modern engine production line in china, plenty of other car makers buy the engines from them, all engines in the past was mostly based on toyota, mitsubishi and isuzu based engine

i am wondering if somebody from here see this alive, but i am sure that gwm have their tehnology to provide new and modern engines, when i talk with one person from top managment gwm have following problem, they also want to buy new common rail sistem but some famous maker(like bosch) don't want to sell it to them, because they have aggrements with some other companies which have important rule in europe, this is the main problem, by those aggrements those companies have prioroty and by contract they don't allow competitors, especially from china

for the new engines i talk with person who was in charge at shanghai auto show, all this new engines are produced by great wall, they also told me if they use some other engine they will put the original inside with logo on the engine, sample is hover with mitusubishi or cowry, if they produce the engine on their own it will have great wall logo, and this is it

·
Registered
938 Posts

this is new engine 3D15, it's popular downsizing engine, 3 cilinders and 1500 ccm, this engine will go very soon in production

look at technical data of this engine, it's impressive, many european brands now have engines like this, sample it gasoline engines from vw 1.4 tsi with 160 HP, today in new automobile industry is popular to have engine with small discplacement and much power, personaly i don't like those engines, but when i see that one diesel engine 1.6 have 120 or 150 hp it will be complety normal in the future

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that three cylinder diesel ON PAPER is the world's most advanced small diesel

you could put that motor in the Wingle or Hover and it would immediately provide an enormous power boost + lower fuel consumption + simplify service and maintainence

on paper at least there is no reason why it would not serve well in a Wingle

except for the fact the engine would look very small in the engine bay

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think that might be the engine this Aussie website was talking about which might come in either a new version of the SA220 (Sailor) or V240 (Wingle) utes.
It's just a rumour though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts