China Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok people, i talked about the chery name stuff before, and i checked to confirm that chery really isnt going to use the "chery" name in north america. and in the vvcars site malcolm bricklin said they are now searching for a new name leaning towards the name "visionary" which me and bricklin himself both find ackward (he mentioned it on the site). Ok for the chery and chinese car lovers, lets try to help malcolm bricklin out and post bunch new sexy name that could replace chery. i dont know if malcolm bricklin even knows about this forum, but hey, just post some names. (chery's chinese name is pronounced chee reee or something) start posting people:)

·
Registered
627 Posts
It's still going to be called Chery in china and in other countries. they're only going to change the name for the north american auto market.

·
Registered
198 Posts
BigBoobsray :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
In my opinion these could apply to the Brand name or model name. Choose your pick.

Tranquil

Harmony

Consort

Effecta

Adepta

Ballad

Meloda

Aria

Merit

Allure

Allura

Thriva

Fira

·
Registered
481 Posts
Treniton Crossover

Treiniton QQ

Treniton M14

yeah I like Treniton

Visionary hah ?

- Viscale

- Veekle < LOL

- VAUTO

- VRIDE

i am outta ideas

·
Registered
481 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
I think Zhongsan would be nice too, emulating Nissan.
Yes just like the korean brand you drive .

Hyundai MOFO LameAss 2

·
Registered
450 Posts
AXLE said:
In my opinion these could apply to the Brand name or model name. Choose your pick.

Tranquil

Harmony

Consort

Effecta

Adepta

Ballad

Meloda

Aria

Merit

Allure

Allura

Thriva

Fira
I like all the ones that end in 'a' , could catch a big market segment with the gangsta/ rap community.

I would also add 'flayva' 'drifta' 'selecta' 'shifta' etc

·
Registered
198 Posts
fightingtorque said:
I like all the ones that end in 'a' , could catch a big market segment with the gangsta/ rap community.

I would also add 'flayva' 'drifta' 'selecta' 'shifta' etc
Are those words spanish related?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The name should be self-consciously Chinese. Japanese cars try to blend in with western-style names. You can't hide that Mitsubishi is Japanese, but "Toyota Camry" sounds totally anonymous. As does "Acura RL."

Chinese cars should try to stand out on their Chinese origin, perhaps naming them after figures or cities isn't the right way to go - but there's got to be something out there.

Whatever the name is, it's got to be catchy. Chery, Lifan, and FAW aren't going to cut it.

Hong-Qi is a good name, except that in english it sounds way to close to "honky" - a derrogatory term. Xiali is a very good name - sounds Italian but clearly isn't..

·
Registered
459 Posts
I personally think that if the Chinese cars that come to the states are too patriotic about their origins (e.g. through naming, marketing etc) they will be rejected by many Americans. An exception I believe would be Zhonghua (if it ever enters the US market), as it has a relatively nice sounding name.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts