China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Here is the test score comparing Chery A5 with GM, VW and Toyota

Chery A5 got three stars, its score is 37.6. GM: four stars, score:40.2 VW:four stars, score:40.3 . Toyota:fiver stars score:47.7

for the 100% front crash test: Chery A5 score is 13.5 even better than VW:12.32 and GM: got 13.55

http://www.c-ncap.org/content/pzjg/Blcyc.htm

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Btw I heard that the test production for Chery A6 finished several days ago. And its designed is based on european standards 8 airbags, harder steel ....etcc....

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I think Wendy got the point, and in the end of the day, for Chinese automakers to make it on world stage, they will need to go through european, and american crash tests. Ofc people have the rights to have doubts. And I believe passing or not passing Chinese crash test is really not that important, but passing the european and the american crash test is really important for any carmakers that want to have worldwide reputation. So we are waiting for Chery A6 and A6CC performance in european crash test soon and hope that they will pass with at least 3 or 4 stars (with my finger crossed)

But Wendy I think you are missing out something, I think crash tests will always have to come with pictures as evidence. Can anyone tell me please ,do foreign inspectors need to be at the scene during the n-ncap tests or just Chinese inspectors ?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
but doesn't it also make foreign brands have higher scores than Chinese cars, so how does it help Chinese cars to protect their market ?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
martin_krpan said:
Newest crash test results:
http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/200710/28461-1.html

Fiat Perla: 31 points (***)
Landwind Fashion: 34.3 pts (***)
Audi A6L: 48.1 pts (*****)
Chery QQ6: 26.1 pts (**)
Toyota Corolla: 48.8 pts (*****)
Skoda Octavia: 45.3 pts (*****)
Citroen C4 sedan: 47.4 pts (*****)
Buick Park Avenue: 47.6 pts (*****)

Chery did quite bad there I'd say

Any other models of Chery that score good ?

Is there any result for Brilliance ?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Raul said:
It is a Mitsubishi Lancer. Soueast Dongnan is Mitsubishi's joint-venture company and as from 2005 model year Soueast cars have been sold as Mitsubishi's (with a Mitsubishi diamond).
Thanks a lot for the explanation

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
martin_krpan said:
Latest C-NCAP results:

* Brilliance BS4 - 3 stars

* Hafei Lobo - 2 stars

* Chang’an Ben Ben - 2 stars

Chang'an Ben Ben 2 stars , tjhis can't be serious. Looking at other pics of Ben Ben crash, one can see that Ben Ben outperformed Lobo.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
daewoo-chevrolet said:
I have updated the list with all the new results and some results I was forgotten the previous time. The results of the Chinese cars are really disappointing me. I like the styling of the Ben Ben a lot, but the crash test results is poor.

It seems like Chery and Brilliance still have alot to do with the quality control until they can score 50 points in C- Ncap then we can safely say that they will perform well in Euro Ncap.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It is better to prevent the illness than cure it, therefore I think it is best for them to achieve the max score in C-Ncap first before thinking about Euro-Ncap and North America.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Those people want to paint everything with the same big brush. Just because Brilliance BS6 and Chery Amulet do not pass crash tests, that does not mean other Chinese cars can't do well in crash test, take the BYD F3 for example, it passes crash test.

Btw I heard that the arrival of Chinese cars is being welcomed by positive comments from Mexican media

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
First, China is still a developing country, China needs to get developed status first before thinking about being the next USA.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Re: new road crash tests in China - C-NCAP news

daewoo-chevrolet said:
I updated the list with all the C-NCAP crash test results:

wow base on the video of QQ6 above, i don't know why it got 2 stars, is it really that strict ?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

wow, thank you for this.

In regards to matter of bribery, so far I believe (my own opionion) that this has not happened as one can see from the table point score, most Chinese cars (if not all) get low rating from 2 stars to 3 stars (or even 1) compared to foreign marqes like Japanese and German, the best Chinese brand so far with high score so far is FAW (with their hongqi).

Can you generalise the kind of responses about Chery cars in Malaysia ?

What do you think the future hold for Chinese cars in Malaysia ?

What do Malaysian people think about their proton or perodua ?

PS : what is the latest proton model that go through Euro-Ncap test ? cos so far the only Proton model I see in the Euro-Ncap test is the impian.

thank you.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Did A5 go through Euro-Ncap ? When ? C-Ncap is for 56 kmph though , Euro-Ncap is 64 kmph.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

oh thanks I see. my guess is Chery just needs to work on the A5 a bit more then send it to Euro-Ncap then I think it can achieve 4 stars.

I am not trying to put down C-ncap but I think people will only take Chinese cars seriously when it scores high in Euro-Ncap.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts