China Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well I don't get your point, cars can always travel faster than 64km/h except for city traffic. Most accidents accur at local roads, not at highways.
And the simple fact is that all over Asia traffic is very dangerous because of reckless drivers. People drive too fast, don't obey rules and don't care about their own or others safety. So for China they should make it more strick, increase the test speed to 70km/h.

Let's get to the point: the only reason for lowering the test speed is politics. It's a lot easier and cheaper to pass a 56km/h test, giving the Chinese carmakers a chance to show some 'good safety scores' without big investments. They are simply protecting their local market.

Every time I fly back home from China I'm relieved I survived all the crazy buses (overtaking cars on a dark evening road with headlights coming straight at us), taxis (cant use seatbelt) and private drivers. (driver isn't crazy, but the rest of the traffic is still trying to kill you).

So please, let's do our best to make chinese cars safer, to protect the passengers that don't want to die yet :D

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
but doesn't it also make foreign brands have higher scores than Chinese cars, so how does it help Chinese cars to protect their market ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Because they will have reasonably good scores instead of no score at all!
And it's very easy to get the max amount of stars.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
martin_krpan said:
Newest crash test results:
http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/200710/28461-1.html

Fiat Perla: 31 points (***)
Landwind Fashion: 34.3 pts (***)
Audi A6L: 48.1 pts (*****)
Chery QQ6: 26.1 pts (**)
Toyota Corolla: 48.8 pts (*****)
Skoda Octavia: 45.3 pts (*****)
Citroen C4 sedan: 47.4 pts (*****)
Buick Park Avenue: 47.6 pts (*****)

Chery did quite bad there I'd say

Any other models of Chery that score good ?

Is there any result for Brilliance ?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Chang'an Benben

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Zhonghua Splendor

Roof gave up a little bit :(

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Soueast Lioncel

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
It is a Mitsubishi Lancer. Soueast Dongnan is Mitsubishi's joint-venture company and as from 2005 model year Soueast cars have been sold as Mitsubishi's (with a Mitsubishi diamond).

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Raul said:
It is a Mitsubishi Lancer. Soueast Dongnan is Mitsubishi's joint-venture company and as from 2005 model year Soueast cars have been sold as Mitsubishi's (with a Mitsubishi diamond).
Thanks a lot for the explanation

41 - 60 of 214 Posts