China Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
martin_krpan said:
Raul, great pics. But how did those cars perform at C-NCAP? How many stars did they receive?
I couldn't find anything in english from C-NCAP website

http://www.c-ncap.org/

You can check it too if you have a better luck. Some test results can be found from page 3 in this thread.

--------------------------------

Chang'an-Suzuki Liana tested

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Dongfeng-Honda CR-V (DHW6454)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I think C-NCAP will publish the crash test results at January 7th with the last tested cars: the Zhonghua Junjie (Brilliance BS4), the Suzuki Liana, the Chang'an CV6 (Ben Ben), the Honda CR-V and the Hafei Lubao (Lobo), they did it in the same way in October.
PDF-file about these six cars in Chinese: http://www.c-ncap.org/news/zxdt/071229.pdf

Hafei Lubao:

Source: http://www.c-ncap.org.cn/

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
martin_krpan said:
Latest C-NCAP results:

* Brilliance BS4 - 3 stars

* Hafei Lobo - 2 stars

* Chang’an Ben Ben - 2 stars

Chang'an Ben Ben 2 stars , tjhis can't be serious. Looking at other pics of Ben Ben crash, one can see that Ben Ben outperformed Lobo.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
daewoo-chevrolet said:
I have updated the list with all the new results and some results I was forgotten the previous time. The results of the Chinese cars are really disappointing me. I like the styling of the Ben Ben a lot, but the crash test results is poor.

It seems like Chery and Brilliance still have alot to do with the quality control until they can score 50 points in C- Ncap then we can safely say that they will perform well in Euro Ncap.

·
Registered
183 Posts
it's quite interesting to see that hyundai accent has such low points comparison to Honda fit. I'm not saying accent is safer than fit..just thought it's closer than the one showing on the list..

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/safety.aspx?year=2006&make=Hyundai&model=Accent

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/safety.aspx?year=2007&make=Honda&model=Fit

And I guess....A5,Hover,lioncel,Fashion doesn't have problem to enter US market at least for the safety aspect then the last thing to fix should be the emission. It means the day to enter US market should be very close. Good work..

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It is better to prevent the illness than cure it, therefore I think it is best for them to achieve the max score in C-Ncap first before thinking about Euro-Ncap and North America.

·
Registered
99 Posts
mememe said:
Chang'an Ben Ben 2 stars , tjhis can't be serious. Looking at other pics of Ben Ben crash, one can see that Ben Ben outperformed Lobo.
No you can't see it. You have to feel it. It's not about which car has a seemingly stronger body, it about which car protects and cushions the occupants. The BenBen has a very rigid front that hardly crumples. Instead the steering wheel and dashboard are moved backwards with the driver slamming head first into it. That's why it got a bad score. The lobo has a softer front and it absorbs most of the energy before reaching the dashboard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello i'm from mexico and since the last month there's been a lot of controversy about the FAW industry entering the country. Many people claim those cars do not pass the crash tests so they are absolutely unreliable.
I've been searching on the net but i cannot find any official information that supports this or gives me an official answers.
Can anybody help me on this?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Those people want to paint everything with the same big brush. Just because Brilliance BS6 and Chery Amulet do not pass crash tests, that does not mean other Chinese cars can't do well in crash test, take the BYD F3 for example, it passes crash test.

Btw I heard that the arrival of Chinese cars is being welcomed by positive comments from Mexican media

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes Chinese brands are making improvements on their most recently released small family cars / SUV models, however all cars that were released more than ~2 years ago are basically death traps. And the smaller city cars are often also still a danger for the occupants.

So far in the "seemingly OK" category we have:
BYD F3
Lifan 520
Chery A3/A5
FAW Benteng
GWM Hover
Shuanghuan CEO
Brilliance BS6 EU spec.

Maybe I forgot one or two, but thats about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you know what ... the nation is going to be the next USA and Motor industry is not going to be aloof. So the standards have to be at par with European and US standards if not better.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
First, China is still a developing country, China needs to get developed status first before thinking about being the next USA.

·
Registered
41 Posts
"Developing" thats an understatment !, I wish our infrastructures here in North America was developing since most are literally crumbling whereas China use 50% of the world's steel and concrete building new cities from scratch every two years. At the current rate China would be building the equilvalent of all US major cities in less than 7 years !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seven years would be about right, but around Guangdong provence a lot of bridges have been ripped up and the road relaid with higher quality re-inforcement. It appears someone got caught taking shortcuts. This short cut approach is what worries me most. The car gets a crash rating and something will be changed to make it cheaper and no one will notify anyone. It ahppens with electronic products and it will happen with cars. The industry needs to have independant watchdogs (China Standards perhaps) making sure that what gets approved is the same as what is produced and sold both locally and export.

61 - 80 of 215 Posts