China Car Forums banner
121 - 140 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Re: new road crash tests in China - C-NCAP news

New Bora gets five stars in China's crash tests

December 26, 2008
Shanghai, December 26 (Gasgoo.com) China Automotive Technology and Research Center (CATARC) yesterday announced the crash test results of this year's fourth batch of seven models. The FAW-VW's New Bora is ranked five stars along with Chery A3, SAIC Roewe 550, Beijing Benz-DaimlerChrysler's Mercedes-Benz C200.

In the latest auto crash tests of "Chinese New Car Assessment Program" (C-NCAP, like Euro-NCAP), no car model got the top ranking of six stars. In addition to the four models of five stars, BYD F6 got four stars, and Jianghuai Binyue and New Zotye 2008 got three starts. A Hongqi car of FAW is said to have got the top ranking earlier this year.

The test crashes have been conducted in north Chinese city of Tianjin. CATARC official said that the C-NCAP operators this time bought the 21 units of the seven models directly from these brands' 4S stores or dealerships without the carmakers' knowledge. Three cars of each model then underwent three crash tests after the exhaust emission and fuel consumption testing. The test results were ranked by the C-NCAP standards.

The center tested 28 models in 2008, bringing the total number of tested domestic models to 65, which came from 90% of the domestic auto manufacturers. The proportion of five-star cars rose from 8.3% in 2006 (when the testing started) to 36% in 2007 and 46% in 2008.

Industry experts said that the five-star models are mostly the high-end vehicle products with better safety configurations and can represent all the products of the same series.

http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-news/1008867/New-Bora-gets-five-stars-in-China-s-crash-tests.html

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

mavericklee said:
There's too many arguments between manufactrues and C-NCAP.The CCTV-2 special program to interview the in charger of C-NCAP,the C-NCAP is not a free test the manufacture need to pay for the test.So,it's justice is unclear.
Then this is quite contradictory then .

The test crashes have been conducted in north Chinese city of Tianjin. CATARC official said that the C-NCAP operators this time bought the 21 units of the seven models directly from these brands' 4S stores or dealerships without the carmakers' knowledge. Three cars of each model then underwent three crash tests after the exhaust emission and fuel consumption testing. The test results were ranked by the C-NCAP standards.
http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-news/1008867/New-Bora-gets-five-stars-in-China-s-crash-tests.html

·
Registered
1 Posts

Wow, nice to see, that this cars are safe and good as EU, US, Japan... cars.
But don't stop here;)

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have updated the list with all the new results and some results I was forgotten the previous time. The results of the Chinese cars are really disappointing me. I like the styling of the Ben Ben a lot, but the crash test results is poor.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I think that the CNcap test shows a great advantage compared to other rating crash tests (EuNcap / IIHS / NHTSA USNcap) as they are combining an ODB (offset deformable barrier) and a FFB (full frontal barrier).

The biggest structural challenges of an ODB test is to control footwell & steering wheel intrusion, provided that the back up structure does it's job. The accelleration pulse "felt" by the passengers is quite soft compared to the one of a FFB test which render a lot more violence to the passengers but less intrusion.

The strategy for meeting FFB or ODB requirements are often totally different. In an FFB, a rather soft structure is an advantage to keep the violence down as intrusion is not an issue. Though, in an ODB, the structure must be stiff enough to prevent excessive intrusion.

Combining these to tests makes sure that the car maker is not optimizing for the one or the other which is the case for some of the EU carmakers. Renault, Citroen or Peugeot for instance, are not sold in the US and therefore they don't have to pay any attention to FFB tests (none are performed in Europe) and can solely optimize for ODB's as described above. This is avoided with "dual tests" as in the CNCAP.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I read somewhere this week that the E-NCAP gave the 2009 BS-4 and BS-6 "zero" stars based on their new testing criteria, if it was tested against their old criteria it would have gained a 3-4 star crash rating equivalent to a 3 series BMW and earlier generation Mercedes E-Class !

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

Latest results:
Great Wall Peri: 35,4 points - ★★★ stars
Honda Fit 46,4 points - ★★★★★ stars
Skoda Fabia 45,6 points - ★★★★★ stars
Citroën C4 44,8 points - ★★★★ stars
Haima3 40,1 points - ★★★★ stars
Nissan Qashqai 47,2 points - ★★★★★ stars

Source: http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/200904/59058.html

Update of the list:

·
Registered
305 Posts

Daewoo, this is some GREAT information.......I've never seen this list before. A few real surprises here........The Brilliance BS4 scored really low, barely squeaking into the 3 star ratings - and the Peri OUTSCORED the BS4 - by a lot!:eek: A LOT of cars outscored the BS4.......Daewoo, is it possible to also include the DATE of testing? I'm wondering WHEN the BS4 was tested.......if it was a older test than I have to hope that Brilliance has improved upon the BS4. I'm also surprised that the BS6 and the FRV have NOT been tested yet......the Yaris is already there and so is the Lavida and they are newer than the BS6 and FRV. Kudos to Chery for getting a 5 star rating with the A3 - the ONLY Chinese branded auto under 100,000rmb to achieve this. Keep posting results as you get them Daewoo.........this is great stuff!!:thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hello Friends,

Dear Members As i have seen the car crash test in china well it was amazing and really wonder to see they tested using different car of toughness of model because they are seeing the safety of person they make one artificial on and put it in car and after that they will crash the car and by these way they can see how toughness of the model is?

121 - 140 of 215 Posts