China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Cliff and this is my first post on CCF! I've lived in the US all my life but I just found out that I will be moving to Beijing in about a year! I've lived in the US most of my adult life so I'm trying to prepare myself for the culture change. I'm also addicted to cars -- more specifically modifying cars (see my sig for my current rides).

I've never lived in China but from what I have been able to research on the internet, there doesn't seem to be a strong auto tuning culture in China. :( Japan obviously has a lot going on so I was surprised that China did not. Can someone explain this to me? I

'm know I have about a thousand more questions so thanks in advance for any information / advice you can provide!

Cheers, -cliff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi jmsteiny!

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for all the great info! That historical background really puts things in perspective! The potential for a growing car tuning culture has me pretty excited -- maybe I can be an integral part of a new market. Kind of reminds me of when the Japanese tuning culture made its way to the US and it really started with modified honda civics and such because that's what the young people could afford. I'm an aspiring entrepreneur so I wonder if I could open a shop similar to what you have in Nanning with simple aesthetic mods like seat covers, pedals, shift knobs, tint, etc. I'd really be interested in hearing more about that shop.

Street racing? Seriously modified cars? Outer ring roads? Can you tell me more about all this? Who are these people who can afford to modify their cars in a place where mods aren't readily available? What kind of cars and what kind of power are they making? I'm not into street racing -- I'm more into building show cars. Don't get me wrong, I still like to have at least 300hp on tap in case the road opens up, but I concentrate my efforts on a clean and balanced package. Regardless, there's no denying the fact that car modding form mimics motorsports function. If there are people making fast cars and people are interested in "need for speed" and "the fast and the furious", then there will definitely be interest in a place offering car mods. Hmmmm....

BTW, can I bring a car with me to China? I will be working at the American Embassy so I will only be in country for a limited time. Thanks again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.