China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"Bricklin would not identify the transmission and all-wheel-drive makers but said the companies are well-established."

So all-wheel drive will be happening after all. I can't wait to see these cars!!!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wow those engines sounds awesome! It's confirmed that the automatic will be 6 speeds.

The specs do sound very impressive. I hope NVH and fuel economy, not to mention quality, reliability, and durability, are up to par with the competition.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
cutting edge powertrains

Chery needs the six speed to compete in today's US market...

Anyway it seems that automatic transmissions are the last thing that a developing auto industry can manage to make on its own.

That technology is not easily gotten.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
BringIt said:
Wow those engines sounds awesome! It's confirmed that the automatic will be 6 speeds.

The specs do sound very impressive. I hope NVH and fuel economy, not to mention quality, reliability, and durability, are up to par with the competition.
I concur in regards to the power the engines produce, but horse power figures are irrelevant without knowing how much torque at what engine speed, not to mention reasonable fuel mileage, anyone can make a fuel guzzling screamer, but a good engine for daily commuting produces most of its power at lower RPM's.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
i dont think its wise to build big engines.....because oil prices are always increasing and people are becoming more environment friendly...i think its not quite wise..to make a v8.400hp

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Going for the top end

I agree Admin but in the plan of Bricklin, to quote him,

"We're not looking at selling the cheapest car in the market. We're looking at selling the cheapest in the top-end segment.''

And such words reflect his recently formed partnership with the owner of Miller Motorcars in upscale Greenwich outside of New York City.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I want a 400hp V8, you'll have the biggest engine on the highway. Unless someone else is driving a ferrari or lamborghini.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I people still say that these cars are not gonna be accepted by the American public with these kinds of specs at these prices they are kidding themselves.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Amazing figures if true :eek:

290 hp from a V6 is a lot :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look at the Nissan engine in the 350Z and Lexus IS350. Both of those cars have engines with around 300HP and both are V6s.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Raul said:
Amazing figures if true :eek:

290 hp from a V6 is a lot :D
Are you so sure? According to there own marketing strategy in the U.S. market cars like these would be the competition to the 3.6 and the 4.8:
http://autos.msn.com/research/compa...01307&v=t101824&v=t102191&v=t102210&v=t102240
http://autos.msn.com/research/compa...01525&v=t102022&v=t101342&v=t100538&v=t100623
AXLE said:
I people still say that these cars are not gonna be accepted by the American public with these kinds of specs at these prices they are kidding themselves.

These stats might not be enough to actually be competitive in the U.S. market, with these engines, which probably will behave more like German power plants than Japanese, Chassis tuning from Lotus, and design from the Pinaffari, it is obvious that they are trying to depend on a huge splash, in order to enter the market, which can only be effective if the vehicle not only sets new standards for reliability and safety, but also wins all car of the year awards, not based on reliability, price, and warranty length. Remember, the competition is deeply entrenched within the U.S. market, meaning that the first generation of cars probably will be unprofitable, and highly crucial to the company’s survival.

·
Registered
135 Posts
fightingtorque said:
put me down for a V8 please. you know i need it.
The V8 doesn't sound so impressive when you compare it to the one BMW is going to put into the new M3, but then again all we know about the Chery V8 at this point is it's maximum power output, which we are assuming has the same characteristics as the expected German power plant, excluding the screaming engines found in the M5, M6, and the new M3.

·
Registered
627 Posts
DOS said:
The V8 doesn't sound so impressive when you compare it to the one BMW is going to put into the new M3, but then again all we know about the Chery V8 at this point is it's maximum power output, which we are assuming has the same characteristics as the expected German power plant, excluding the screaming engines found in the M5, M6, and the new M3.

390 hp V8 is crazy power, you'll win in a race against any car except ferrari or lambo.

·
Registered
561 Posts
DOS said:
figures are relatively irrelevant without knowing how much torque they produce
now thats fightingtorque...... lol
these cars are going to be awsome with this many power, as i said before chery is not running on cheep segment they are redefining the price of luxury. and i dont really agree on the fuel efficiency part because when these cars are $20 000 cheeper than the competition (lexus, bmw) etc it would take a while for gas to gobble up $20 000 by that time you probally got a brand new chery again. im more concern about the insurance, with such a large engine the insurance company would charge me at least $3000 per year. lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
hazik said:
390 hp V8 is crazy power, you'll win in a race against any car except ferrari or lambo.
I know, I said the engine was not impressive in comparison the new V8 BMW is putting into the M3, which is derived fro the V10 in the M5, which is based on there racing technology.

gr8 said:
now thats fightingtorque...... lol
these cars are going to be awsome with this many power, as i said before chery is not running on cheep segment they are redefining the price of luxury. and i dont really agree on the fuel efficiency part because when these cars are $20 000 cheeper than the competition (lexus, bmw) etc it would take a while for gas to gobble up $20 000 by that time you probally got a brand new chery again. im more concern about the insurance, with such a large engine the insurance company would charge me at least $3000 per year. lol
Of course fuel economy is important, the current American consumer has become more aware of rising fuel prices, besides Chery needs every advantage they can find.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hazik said:
Not necessarily. There are plenty of cars with 400+ horsepower now. And even if the 390hp car were more powerful, there's still weight and gearing to consider.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts