China Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out................the Nissan Leaf. Nissan is touting it as the "world's first mass market full electric car" - that's right.....FULL ELECTRIC. Top speed of 90mph (150kph) and a range of 100 miles (160km) - fast enough for the freeway and long enough range to make it a great commute car. Nissan says that the price will be in the same range as their family cars....in other words around $20-30,000 USD. It looks great, check out the pictures. Here is my question - WILL THIS COME TO CHINA?? Nissan is planning a big intro for it at the end of 2010, debuting it in the USA, Europe and Japan - what about China? If Nissan can keep it in the 150,000rmb range (maybe a bit less), I think it can sell here - it's got good looks and a VERY cool interior. Charging areas/stations are being planned already for most chinese cities, so the Leaf would fit in very easily. It can EVEN be used for long distance jaunts (once enough charging stations are in place), since it takes only 20 minutes for a 80% charge. It looks like this IS the world's FIRST full electric car that is "affordable" (still pricey in China but not out of reach for today's middle class) and is a REAL CAR. It is freeway capable, modern, stylish and comfortable (well, it looks comfortable). Great for commutes, shopping, taking the kids to school, etc. - I like it!!

If anyone has any info/inside scoops about a possible China version of the Leaf, let's hear about it!!

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
jmsteiny-yeah I've been reading up on this car the past couple of days. Pricing hasn't been announced yet for the States but I think Nissan is really on the right track here. Charging with the smaller voltage charger will take 16 hours, kind of lengthy, but with the higher voltage plug-in it will only take 7 hours or something like that. Plus one can buy the "80%" chargers that reach that capacity within only 30 minutes. They're costly for your home, though, I read $16,000 for the home quick charger, sounds pretty steep, but you don't have to have one of those, too.

I think that the cities and counties need to build infrastructure up and that is under way in the U.S., more so in some cities and areas than others. But I think the new Nissan LEAF is an exciting addition to the world automotive scene and what needs to happen in the green automotive market.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Hi jmsteiny
Its another amazing car form the Nissan family which is Nissan Leaf an hybrid car with great feature and look, this car was recently on road test. Sharing its pics.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Amazing car, it is friendly environment car, which can be drive by electricity and petrol. It fulfill all the demanded that are raised by Nissan customers. I like it due to its unique features and design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts