China Car Forums banner

281 - 300 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello Kegare, here the Nissan UD version, the logo is two characters in a cirkel.
As much as I like deciphering logos, the badge just seems to read UD, but is painted over. I'll try to find the model name later. By the way, here's an interesting naming of a similar type of truck, the Komatsu-Nissan KNWF 12T, logging trucks made for the Soviet Union market.

With the Roman trucks I mean the real MAN/Roman cab.
1991 for that one. But here's a puzzle, look at the air filter on both trucks in your post, Roman doesn't have that tall stick type. So a good assumption is that the truck on the LEFT (with small indicators) isn't a Roman but a Hongyan CQ. On the other hand the truck on the RIGHT has big indicators that I can only see on the Romans, but I guess the Hongyan got those too at some point? The little holes you see under the grille were also only on Hongyans and not on Romans.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Pictured here is the Japanese market specification (RHD with fender mounted mirrors) TZ50HT (bottom truck in the second attachment) seen in a 70s catalog.

Edit: and here are the North Korean trucks with unpainted badges back in 2002.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Erik, thanks. I mistook that unclear picture of the poster (your second picture) with the pre-facelift first generation Benteng B50. But looks like it has the updated 3-slot grille. So I understand that Pyonghwa only rebadged the facelifted first gen B50 and then the next generation.

2008+ first gen

2011+ first gen

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #289

·
Registered
105 Posts
Erik, are you thinking that because of the reflective stickers on the Ssangma? Those are factory fitted in China, I believe.
When the vehicles get to the showroom they already have those on, even in the factory premises
The Naenara pic is from 2012 so it could have been a new vehicle.

On another note, I removed the unknown truck, it was just a GAZ-3307.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
If it isn't new, the starting point would be an existing Co-Co (three axles per bogie) locomotive like the Pulgungi. We'd need high quality photos of the bogies to see if they match any previous models.

Of course, a genuinely new-build locomotive might well be based on older designs, so determining for certain whether it is new or a rebuild might be impossible.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
One of the reasons is for instance the recent series of photos of Naenara badged vehicles: FAW Xiali N5, Haval H3, Jincheng Minibus. Old cars, new badges, I think. Also when you see the batches of vehicles last year in front of the Pyonghwa factory: Brilliance, Huanghai. Cars out of production in China for a longer time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If it isn't new, the starting point would be an existing Co-Co (three axles per bogie) locomotive like the Pulgungi. We'd need high quality photos of the bogies to see if they match any previous models.

Of course, a genuinely new-build locomotive might well be based on older designs, so determining for certain whether it is new or a rebuild might be impossible.
There are questions regarding the engine cooling method since it lacks side vents, and the lack of a conductor's side door.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Those features don't make it a "fake" locomotive. Older Pulgungi family locomotives have one cab door per side and ventilators on the roof rather than the side (example). Crew members can walk through the locomotive from one cab to the other, which is why most Pulgungi models have side windows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a question about this working platform.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7-2-7...2jW7JeT-2jW6Vv6-2jW6VvM-2jW9986-jJTBKH-jGvNKW
Is there any more information about it? Presumably it was built at Chollima trolleybus factory due to resemblance to the Chollimas of simular age. They first appear on photos dating to 2007, although already not looking new. On later photos the numberplates start from 1668 and end on 1677 so going by that around around 10 were made? (As there are are couple that are missing or have never been photographed).
Where was the information about the name was taken from?
Maybe year of production?
Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome. These were vehicles for trolleybus and possibly tram maintenance lines when there were infrastructure/electricity problems, usually in Norh Korea the trams raise the pantograph to gain speed and then they lower it and just roll on the rails to save electricity usage, sometimes even in Pyongyang. The chassis of that vehicle is the same as the Sungri-58, a reverse engineered Soviet GAZ-51. These kind of maintenance platforms can also be seen mounted on regular trolleybuses meant for public transport. That Z badge in a circle is Pyongyang Trolleybus Factory, which indeed also produces the Chollima series. I don't think these service vehicles exist anymore, haven't seen them in any recent pictures. The source for the name is a Russian website:

http://www.gruzovikpress.ru/article...-severnoy-korei-passajirskie-kolesa-phenyana/

During the breaks in the contact network, the Pyongyang-951 automobile tower on the Sungri-58 truck chassis helps. In the 1990s, they were painted yellow-green.
I had a pic of the interior as well, it was pretty empty, I can't find it right now but I'll let you know.

281 - 300 of 348 Posts