China Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
There we go again: Chongphung Joint Venture shows Naenara brand vehicles. They announce a series of vehicles (trucks, buses, cars) which seems to be mainly the same vehicles as announced years ago by the new Sungri (Tokchon) Joint Venture. And, more interesting a series of vehicles what seems to be the whole FAW-Jilin range, the Senia R7 in front. Two possibilities: just another attempt with re-badged vehicles or it has something to do with the announcement from FAW some years ago that they want to build automobiles in the DPRK.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
The latest UN sanctions ban all sales of automobiles to North Korea, so it would be very odd if any major Chinese manufacturer were still doing business directly with North Korean companies. I would have thought that reputational risk alone would deter them.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
interesting facebook conversation: (between me and the Japanese language page "Quarterly DPRK Economic Data")
Erik: these cars are produced by FAW in Jilin and Tianjin. Will they be made in the DPRK?
『季刊 朝鮮経済資料』: Because it is a joint venture, it may be making the same type of car as FAW.
Erik: In which city will they be produced?
『季刊 朝鮮経済資料』: Hyesan city,Ryanggang province.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
At thread 51: the Taepaksan 2017 truck is identified as a Chinese Sinotruk Howo T7H. There are some minor differences, which can be explained as differences between a civilian and a military version. Another explanation is that this is a special Howo model made for the DPRK. Most uncertain is that it is a version made (assembled and changed) in the DPRK, based on the Howo.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
I NEED HELP!
My Finnish friend Raul asks me if I can identify this car. It is to see in a North Korean movie of 1980. I tried but I failed. I am sure it is not a Mercedes copy, it is not a Shanghai or Beijing, it is not a Lada.
It looks crudely handmade.
The name of the movie is Yeolnebeonjjae gyeoul, or 열네번째 겨울, translated as 14th winter. The movie is on youtube, the car appears in part 2.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Erik, made any headway? Any clue from the shape of the logo? Others, any guesses? Even a wild guess can sometime lead one down the correct path. I note a very unusual vertical door mirror.

·
Registered
78 Posts
At thread 51: the Taepaksan 2017 truck is identified as a Chinese Sinotruk Howo T7H. There are some minor differences, which can be explained as differences between a civilian and a military version. Another explanation is that this is a special Howo model made for the DPRK. Most uncertain is that it is a version made (assembled and changed) in the DPRK, based on the Howo.
Thanks for that. I thought that it was not a Howo precisely because the door was different. :lol:

Anyway, the Taepaksan branding suggests that it is not a product of the Tokchon Auto Joint Venture Co., even though Sinotruk appears to be the Chinese partner there.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Again an interesting bus. Kim seems to be more involved in transport than his father or grandfather. Thanks for the link, Gag!
Kim has a great interest in seats, they had made softer seats this time.
The bus has a new logo, don't see any flying horse anymore, it looks more like a lion struggling not to drown in the sea, like we have in some Dutch city and province coat of arms. But maybe it is a chollima?
The logo on the bus and the tram are the same. Interesting as the tram seems to be made in a different factory.
A pity we don't know the exact name of the bus yet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
[incorrect]

There was also a Jonggang three-wheeler - rebadged (not so much) Chinese Jinwa. Also attached some Ragwon construction machinery (the big excavator looks like it's from the 1940s and similar to https://imcdb.org/vehicle_1149526-Jangbaek.html ) and an interesting view of the badge of a Naenara minibus (rebadged FAW Jiabao).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
... an interesting view of the badge of a Naenara minibus (rebadged FAW Jiabao).
The pictures are of a Jiabao V77 but the dimensions, wheelbase, engine (1,5 L) printed alongside the picture are those of a Jiabao V80, a completely different vehicle.

Thanks a lot, @kegare, for the media. What is this French source for the product posters?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Some article on Rungrado/Rungnado vehicles, a picture of line assembly of the Pungnyeon 75 bulldozer, Sungrisan dump truck next to a Chollima 9.20 excavator, Chollima excavator assembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Funny to see the old Konsor or Sungrisan 25/27 ton dumper, made from 1970, first as Sungrisan and since 1974 as Konsor. The truck appeared on stamps of 1971 and 2000. There must have been a small production, as some pictures show more than one unit.

61 - 80 of 348 Posts