China Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 348 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Wow, @kegare, great! (re: stamps)

I see you are quite active on imcdb.org, even on the Yeolnebeonjjae gyeoul pages where you posted most of the screenshots. A pity no one has identified that N. Korean (?) sedan yet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow, @kegare, great! (re: stamps)

I see you are quite active on imcdb.org, even on the Yeolnebeonjjae gyeoul pages where you posted most of the screenshots. A pity no one has identified that N. Korean (?) sedan yet.
Thanks, I'm glad you like them! I consider that strange sedan to be one of my best finds so far in DPRK media. There's also this futuristic looking thing we haven't identified:

https://imcdb.org/vehicle_1139723.html

The last stamp (part 7, number 5) is the first Chollima, the 9.11. The Chollima 84 (part 2, number 5) is in fact a Chollima 90 or 903.
Thanks for the ID!
We have some unidentified Sungris in this documentary, do you happen to know the model names? https://imcdb.org/movie_1004519373-Hanpyeongsaeng-inmindeulsog-eseo.html
Also this bus: https://imcdb.org/vehicle_1148911.html

An observation about the Sungri 5-ton: its headlights are sourced from Sinotruk.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
While it is true that Sŭngri has made the exact L2 as 115 hp/5t and 102 hp/3t, I ran a search in MIIT through all Howo 4-6 ton trucks and there was not an exact match with the new 5t (2016 model). So, probably this was designed for DPRK specifically? The new one does have significant differences with the L2 (the door recess, the porthole, angle of the window sill, the seam above the windshield, etc.)

L2 made by Sŭngri:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Always happy with new material, Kegare.
1. the Sungri 58 with the built-in headlights is strange. Never seen these pictures of this version. There seems to be a whole batch of them. The rows suggest even 30 or 40 trucks. It looks like they were out of mudguards and they replaced them by something very simple.
2. the cab-over-engine looks like a 4-6 ton (payload) truck. I would guess about 1980s. Probably only a prototype.
3. the torpedo front truck resembles a lot of the 140-type trucks in China, made in the 1970s-80s all over the country by many factories, each had its own version. Probably only a prototype.
4. the minibus resembles strongly the Jipsan minibuses, made in Chongjin.

I am sorry I can't say more. Like I have written before, every new piece of the jigsaw brings new questions.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
Very good material, Kegare, I am positive about the 1980 vehicle, but not so sure about the 1972 vehicle: it could also be a Rumanian Carpati or Bucegi. The picture is not very clear and there is also something wrong with the dimensions, which makes the nose of the vehicle too short. I lengthened the picture a bit and here a comparison with the Bucegi SR113.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 348 Posts