China Car Forums banner

121 - 140 of 348 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
1. The SUV is a 2013-model JMC Yusheng S350, so it should be badged as a Ppeokkugi by Pyeonghwa, followed by a 4-digit number starting with either 24 or 20 depending on whether the engine is 2400 cc or 2000 cc.

The minibus is certainly a facelifted Higer, but likely the longer H6C (5990 mm). I am basing this on the fact that the pre-facelift model, Changjeon 1703 (erroneously written as Samchon earlier) had a length of 5990 mm.

2. No comment.

3. Pickup trucks by Pyeonghwa are Ssangma (cf. 0104 or 0108), but this is the first time I am coming across a heavy truck/dump truck from the company, so cannot hint as to its 4-digit identifier since I do not know the basis of this numbering. I am not well-acquainted with trucks, so cannot identify the source model.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the research, dmitra! I was very curious about the SUVs. :)

I missed Erik's post earlier in the thread where I see some matching models referenced there.
So, the Changjeon/Samchon/창전 should be the same thing just transliterated differently. But that model used in the summit looks like it rather has the Higer grille than the King Long Kingo's.

Have yet to find the FAW equivalent for the red Ssangma. I think it fits erik's last description 'Ssangma 2008 is FAW 20 ton truck (dumper) (also named Pyongun Chonmalli 20 ton)'.

@erik, a good unobstructed view of the Konsor, if you'd like to use it: https://imcdb.org/vehicle_1176402-Konsor-1975.html

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Changjeon is this 창전
Samcheon/Samchon is this 삼천

Not the same characters (or even the same components), but admittedly in cursive/handwritten script might look similar or even the same.

I haven't identifiably seen any photos of the 2-ton and above Ssangma trucks, so cannot say for sure, but probably Erik is right.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Even I wrote it as Samchon two years back in post #41 without bothering to check, assuming if there was a Samcheonri, there could very well be a Samch(e)on! :eek:

The 0208 is a Changjeon too (see the list on this Wiki page, the last entry is 창전 0208)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Okay. So Erik describes the Changjeon 0208 as 'Name Samchun (Samchul, Samchol) translated as Uncle. From the Pyonghwa Auto Works, Nampo.' It is the word Samchon 삼촌 that translates to 'Uncle', not 'Changjeon' (창전). Changjeon appears to be some famous street in Pyongyang (창전거리).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the Changjeon models and the correction, Erik. While you're at it, I have noticed a typing/transliteration mistake on the trucks on your website which are listed as Kunmae. The official portal of North Korea ( Naenara) lists them as Kummae (금매). I think it should be corrected as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Thanks, Kegare! Great found. I always had a suspicion that it was a Japanese truck, due to the right-hand steering wheel. I removed the truck from my page.
About Samhung: Fotons, yes, but note that the pickup grille and bumper have been updated. The original Tunland L which you show was present at Pyongyang shows as Samhung pickup.

·
Registered
105 Posts
121 - 140 of 348 Posts