China Car Forums banner

141 - 160 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Hello Kegare, the first bus is (I guess) a Jipsan. There are many different photos of Jipsan buses for which I have no number. Number 2/3 is made in Hamhung, according the articles you linked to. Can someone read the name, I am not good at that.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello @erik, this is what I got from the links, it mentions being produced in South Hamgyong province and running in Hamhung.

A new type of tramcar runs in Hamheung city

A new type of tramcar produced in South Hamgyong province is running on the streets of Hamheung city on the occasion of the 7th annual convention.
The brand in your logo looks like 신흥호 Sinhung-ho (Sinhung brand).

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok, so the Russian pages need a correction for the old and new Sinhung trolley listings. Also I noticed Erik has one of these old Sinhung 신흥호 models listed on his website but it's listed as Chongnyon-ho (청년호) which is not the same text, that entry would need correction as well. Now the question is, which is the original look of this old version of the Sinhung trolleybus, the one in Erik's gallery or the one you linked? If any.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Maybe we are dealing with rebuilt models here. The last link you posted seems to have twice as long overhang as the one in Erik's entry.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Great, all the research you are doing. The mistake is made in an article of Sergei Tarkhov and Dmitriy Merzlov published in the Trolleybus Magazine of November-December 2002. This picture with the capture: "An unidentified Chongnyonho trolleybus in Hamhung". It was probably a guess on the base of a very bad picture. It is nice that we make progress with much better pictures!
There is another new bus from Hamhung, approx. 2016.
Here three pictures, not enough quality to read the name.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
The basic bus model of the Sinhung bus has the rear wheel underneath the fifth window (bus nrs.115, 118, 121, 125, 128). The 131 maintenance vehicle has the same front as the old Sinhung, but the window configuration is different (rear wheel underneath the six window).

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #152 (Edited)
Ok, so the Russian pages need a correction for the old and new Sinhung trolley listings. Also I noticed Erik has one of these old Sinhung 신흥호 models listed on his website but it's listed as Chongnyon-ho (청년호) which is not the same text, that entry would need correction as well. Now the question is, which is the original look of this old version of the Sinhung trolleybus, the one in Erik's gallery or the one you linked? If any.
(Erik: I changed Chongnyonho into Sinhungho, https://www.chinesecars.net/content/sinhungho.
I also inserted the other two Sinhungho buses.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Aspart of a series marking KrAZ's sixtieth anniversary, the KrAZ website has an article about the history of the Chaju 64.
In 1964 the first batch of Korea-made trucks rolled off assembly line of Tokchon Automobile Plant “Sungri” (victory). These were the Jaju-64 trucks (Jaju means independence). Technical documentation to the KrAZ-222 Dnieper, equipment and tooling were transferred there in 1962 under Soviet Government’s resolution.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
In February 2018 a Tarao Goo posted a tweet showing a North Korean rocket barrier probably home-made. The make is unclear, but the mirrors match with the Howo from Sinotruk. Anybody an idea?

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Two questions:
This F3 Classic front fascia doesn't look familiar. Is this model discussed elsewhere here on CCF?

The industry news reported that Pyeonghwa Motors departed the DPRK some seven or eight years ago, but these models continue to display that company's winged logo. Have I missed something?

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
That F3 (now Classic) fascia has been present since its launch in 2005 (and debut some months earlier in 2004) and the car has been discussed extensively in our BYD F3 thread.

Here is a 2005 gallery:
https://car.autohome.com.cn/pic/series-s1873/407.html

The Southern partner reportedly donated its share of former assets to its Northern partner (Ryonbong Gen. Corp. or the NK govt.) allowing their use even after its withdrawal from the joint venture.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-korea-north-carmaker/south-korean-church-to-end-car-venture-with-north-source-idUSBRE8AQ0BF20121127

·
Registered
381 Posts
My mistake D Mitra. I mistook the gray Oley for the F3.....,and the Besturn for the Lifan. I now see the old F3 (white) in the photo at top. Sorry about that.

141 - 160 of 348 Posts