China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that I was banned for avartar reasons. But I had no avartar setting. I noticed that someone was hacking my account to change the avartar once a couple days ago.

So did something happen while I was away?

·
Registered
481 Posts

meh hehehe

·
Registered
11 Posts
You should have been banned long long time ago.
I even recommend the administrator of this forum to totally delete your user name, unless you change it to something eles. Because it is insulting to most Chinese people.

Real_I_Hate_China3 said:
I read that I was banned for avartar reasons. But I had no avartar setting. I noticed that someone was hacking my account to change the avartar once a couple days ago.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Actually............

NewLand, since you are a "new" member (maybe you've been reading the forum long before you became a member, I don't know) you should know that there ARE other members here that are worse than RIHC (no names, but if you read thru some of the sub-forums it shouldn't be too hard to figure out).....besides - RIHC isn't that bad (except the name, I know)!!

NewLand, I also happen to be a foreigner (american in my case) that has lived in China (Nanning) now for almost 4 years.........and I also happen to be a BIG supporter of the growth of the chinese auto industry. Some companies (like Chery) have grown very quickly - sometimes though at the expense of literally stealing other companies designs (I will always wonder how much money GM lost in potential Spark sales because of the QQ). Some companies (like Geely) have chosen to stay "private" - at the expense of quick growth but with the freedom to chart it's own course (so to speak). My point is.....I will still be the first to point out bad or poor design and build quality as I see it when I check out all the new cars as they come to the market - EVEN though I am still a big supporter of the auto industry as a whole. I will ALSO be the first to complement a new car that is creative, "original", functional, "cool", etc...(the Xiali C1 and the Chery QQ6 come to mind) - and I've done so many times here in the past.

RIHC, on the other hand, posts threads here that COULD be viewed as a "negative" slant towards the chinese auto industry...........BUT he almost ALWAYS posts a link or a copy of the source he got the information from. I personally appreciate that........while I might not agree with his opinions all of the time, I do give him credit for posting the factual info that he bases his opinions on!! Unfortunately, there ARE other members here that resort to things like ethnic bashing and insults in VERY poor taste. They provide nothing positive, and many times their posts are a waste of space. If my memory is correct, RIHC (albeit with a distasteful screen name) has rarely (if ever) resorted to such immature actions. Personally, I can deal with a distasteful screen name........but I have a REAL hard time dealing with things like insults, rage and hatred.:mad:

Unfortunately, as this forum has grown members have joined that simply do NOT know how to engage in spirited, but CIVILIZED debate.........THOSE are the members we should watch out for and possibly ban!!!:nod:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Whatever.

If his ID is okay, how's the following:

I HATE KOREA

I HATE KIMCHI

I HATE AMERICA

I HATE RUSSIA

I HATE THE FRENCH

I HATE GAY PEOPLE

I HATE BLACKS

I HATE WHITE PEOPLE

I HATE ASIAN WOMEN

I HATE OLD PEOPLE

I HATE THE JEWS

I HATE THE ARABS

etc. etc. etc.

Since none of these ID's are more offensive than RIHC's, where do you draw the line? :nono:

·
Registered
507 Posts
jmsteiny said:
...members have joined that simply do NOT know how to engage in spirited, but CIVILIZED debate...
A CIVILIZED debate must start with a CIVILIZED ID, don't you agree?

Do you think an ID of "I HATE JEWS" will prompt civilized debate on a forum dealing with Jewish affairs? Don't be stupid.

·
Registered
198 Posts
He should be banned with his pseudo, simple, it is insulting to a nation and its people.

If he, as a human being, does contribute to this forum, he sure deserves his place on this forum, but under one condintion: without that or other similar IDs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
ash said:
i didnt delete him

Who banned him?

madeinchina ?
I suspended (banned) him for two days b/c his avatar was a
picture of Cho Seung-hui, the guy that killed 32 people last
month at Virginia tech. I found it offensive(more than just offensive),
but if you don't agree with me, you can always un-ban him.
I'm not taking sides against Real_, but this was a little too far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4*real*Made_in_China said:
I suspended (banned) him for two days b/c his avatar was a
picture of Cho Seung-hui, the guy that killed 32 people last
month at Virginia tech. I found it offensive(more than just offensive),
but if you don't agree with me, you can always un-ban him.
I'm not taking sides against Real_, but this was a little too far.
Ok, then you got to unban me now because it was somebody else's account hack.

I know that avartar because I too saw it a couple days ago and I removed it. I thought it was a joke from one of the mods here. If you didn't do it, then it was an account hack and I need to change my password.

·
Registered
305 Posts
OK then...........

I've been reading the recent furor about RIHC's screen name.......two reactions about this. First - 'free speech' (as it's thought of in most of the world) doesn't really apply here. I took a minute and read the rules of the forum.....there is nothing in the rules specifically about offensive screen names. However, rules 3,4 and 11 DO pertain to deletion of material that would be considered personal attacks, offensive, insulting or inappropriate. These rules talk about the CONTENT of a posting or topic............but NOTHING about a screen name.

BUT...................let's not forget that this is a PRIVATE forum!! This was created by one person (I think)...Admin. If he wakes up some morning and decides "hmmmm.....no more offensive screen names" - it's HIS choice!! If he wants everyone to have a avatar with pictures of cute panda bears in it.....it's HIS choice!! Granted, we CAN complain, and we CAN choose not to participate in the forum anymore - but other than that, it's admin's forum (with the assistance of the moderators)!!

Now, as far as RIHC's screen name.....it's up to you, Admin (and moderators). By the letter of the law (i.e. the rules), he's done nothing wrong. Now, as far as his avatar thing..........it appears as though someone hacked into his account and created a avatar for him without his knowledge or approval. Is there any way to find out WHO did this? If there is, then THAT person should be banned from this forum FOREVER. Bringit and Tiggo, I agree with you.........I would love to see a different screen name for RIHC, I too find it offensive. However, the FIRST priority is to find the person that is hacking into other people's accounts..........I think we should let Admin decide the best course of action regarding screen names.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do feel RIHC's posts are ethnic bashing and insulting to Chinese most of the time. Don't you agree?

jmsteiny said:
Unfortunately, there ARE other members here that resort to things like ethnic bashing and insults in VERY poor taste. :

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there any such listed ID in this forum, besides RIHC? If not, I should say please let this ID change to something else. Even if you want to be a racist, that is your way. You have no right to let me shut up.

BringIt said:
Whatever.

If his ID is okay, how's the following:

I HATE KOREA

I HATE KIMCHI

I HATE AMERICA

I HATE RUSSIA

I HATE THE FRENCH

I HATE GAY PEOPLE

I HATE BLACKS

I HATE WHITE PEOPLE

I HATE ASIAN WOMEN

I HATE OLD PEOPLE

I HATE THE JEWS

I HATE THE ARABS

etc. etc. etc.

Since none of these ID's are more offensive than RIHC's, where do you draw the line? :nono:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I really doubt you are american. Anyway it's nothing related to the discussion. Just from your comment on my short posts and young id history, it let me realized you seems much like a korean culture oriented. No offense to you. As a Chinese, I do not always praise Chinese cars in any sense. But I do feel upset on bias comment on Chinese cars. People like me need to speak out.

jmsteiny said:
NewLand, since you are a "new" member (maybe you've been reading the forum long before you became a member, I don't know)

·
Registered
481 Posts
I am All against the Nickname. ..

·
Registered
834 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China3 said:

Why didn't you tell the Mods/Admin this was happening ?

Even if we can't stop the hacking at least we would know its not you.

As for the ban its not pernament so be patient ;)

ps moved thread to OT section as this has nothing to do with Cars ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Red, white and blue....

New_Land said:
I really doubt you are american. Anyway it's nothing related to the discussion. Just from your comment on my short posts and young id history, it let me realized you seems much like a korean culture oriented. No offense to you. As a Chinese, I do not always praise Chinese cars in any sense. But I do feel upset on bias comment on Chinese cars. People like me need to speak out.

NewLand, I hope you DO speak out..........that's what this forum is about. I'm surprised you think I'm Korean........I'm REALLY 100% american! Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area (right in the middle of the area people know as "silicon valley"), and then moved to the Los Angeles area for 12 years before moving to Nanning. If you really want further proof, I can send you a PM with links to my school's web page in Nanning.....you can see pics of me conducting my band and orchestra (I teach music, by the way).

I can also understand you wanting to speak out regarding biased or unfair comments about chinese cars. I feel that way about China in general - I am CONSTANTLY telling my friends in the USA how modern China really is and how great it is to live here!! I usually visit the USA about once a year, and I think that my friends are starting to FINALLY believe me now after all the pictures I've shown and stories I've told!! I'm also having to constantly battle the PERCEPTION of China while I'm visiting the USA.......many people in the USA still think that China is the land of bicycles, the little red book and people eating fish and rice all day!!! Can you believe that people ask me, "are you followed everywhere by the police because you're a foreigner"???? You know, for all the access to education that the USA has, it shocks me that there are still so many IGNORANT people!! :eek:

Sorry about my pointless ranting.....I'll stop now. NewLand, I look forward to reading your future posts here.......and I also look forward to you "speaking out" whenever you feel the need to!!:thumb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts