China Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am wondering if I am the only one having issues with the business attitude of the Volkswagen import and their dealers.

After ordering a Sharan (flagship version, 7-seater) the vehicle was delivered with different rims than advertised in the catalogue, actually the rims were the same like those of the comfort version which is one level lower.

For the dealer as well as the Volkswagen hotline this does not seem to be an issue. They claim, that these change according the batch they get and that this is beyond their control.

Then I told them, that I want to withdraw from the contract and return the car. This was also not accepted by them; according to them, there is no problem with the car. Besides the cheaper rims it has the correct configuration and the correct color; according to them there is nothing wrong.

In my opinion it is very funny to spend quite some money on a car without knowing what you will get. Am I the only one who thinks that is quite odd?

I addressed this to the dealer, they said this is not in their responsibility, I need to address this to Volkswagen import directly. I then called the customer service and they told me, that I need to clarify this with the dealer. Besides not being helpful to address my problem they also drove me insane by asking me a lot of questions to collect data (what is you name, where do you live what is the name of you company, what is the address etc.) but nobody addressing my problem.

Customer service has the chassis number but refused to let me know if this vehicle really came with this wheel configuration or if the dealer maybe just changed the rims by himself.

Now I am really puzzled: I have a car that I did not order like this and dealer customer service also not interested. I did not expect to have such a terrible experience with Volkswagen...

Should I need to buy a Volkswagen again, then I am forced to make a down payment, wait until the car is there and then bring the rest in cash to make sure that I will really get what I want. That rather feels like some kind of mafia business...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome to CCF bobopopo!
I know of some people that ordered cars by BeForward.jp and they get scammed because the mileage shown in the website (for example, 40.000 km.) was not real, and the cars were in a poor condition.
Be careful when you import cars (both new and used), because you don't know what they're giving you.
Hope if this will help you, and I'm ashamed of VW Import Ltd.
Greetings, Flavio A. Fernandez.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Flavio,

thanks for the response...

Actually I am dealing with Volkswagen directly, so this is why it is so weird. You order something, they give you something different and then try to tell you that it is okay. If it would be their own vehicles I think they would not accept that...

Br

bobopopo

·
Registered
257 Posts
Karsten, that people are ridiculous, they throw the stone and they hide the hand.
By the way, have you tried to sue them?
My dad has been scammed one year ago in that form (the mechanic stoled a diesel injector of his Clio and he putted a not working injector).
But that's Argentina. People scam anothers and they don't care about the people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I think that is too much action and a waster of time. Should be an easy win but also wasting plenty of time - I assume how that works. They just supply what they want and then rely on the people not taking any action for a small cheat. Price difference should be roughly 1,200 RMB, that is not enough reward for the effort.

Anyway, still hope that I can solve it with customer service...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts