China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the girlfriend picked up our latest project car on Saturday. its an '88 998cc Austin-Rover Mini Mayfair. its completely standard but won't stay like that for long! i rekon it complements my ZS perfectly! what do you guys think?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Quality find. a near 20 year old motor not known for rust resistance that's still not only solid but even looks unmarked, and unmolested.

Should be good once you get the K series 1.8T motor in there or whatever you have planned.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think that after nearly 20 years a respray is called for - in FIREFROST RED :)

How are you going to fit the wing vents? You will have to move the guter...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fightingtorque said:
Quality find. a near 20 year old motor not known for rust resistance that's still not only solid but even looks unmarked, and unmolested.

Should be good once you get the K series 1.8T motor in there or whatever you have planned.
now that would be an idea..... i think theres a company that sells subframes ready modded for the k-series :rolleyes:
i the meantime, im upgrading the brakes and fitting some Minilights so i will keep you updated on the work

as for fitting the 180 kit Windy, i wish i could Photoshop!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Paul-ZS180 said:
as for fitting the 180 kit Windy, i wish i could Photoshop!
Step 1 - turn the Mini around and take picture at same angle and same lighting conditions as the one of your ZS so that parts can swaped with a simple cut and paste...

It already has wheel arches, they need colour coding, some skirts and the vents added. I guess real 180 arches are too big for it? There is no where to stick the spoiler - have to leave that off!

·
Registered
8 Posts
this cool

Windy said:
Step 1 - turn the Mini around and take picture at same angle and same lighting conditions as the one of your ZS so that parts can swaped with a simple cut and paste...

It already has wheel arches, they need colour coding, some skirts and the vents added. I guess real 180 arches are too big for it? There is no where to stick the spoiler - have to leave that off!
i like this very much

·
Registered
8 Posts
that is good

Windy said:

where i can get one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes

fightingtorque said:

i agree

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi

Windy said:

can you add more pictures on this?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts