China Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to the international readers of this site.
Was in Toronto, Canada on biz this week. On arrival found that this, the largest city in the country with the second highest proved petrol reserves, is suffering from gasoline shortages and line-ups, rationing and outages are common in the Greater Toronto Area.
Prices in the fueling stations that actually have fuel range around a dollar, its the long line ups that are disconcerting.
I realize that extenuations are likely at play, but the outages have caught most by surprise. I feel sorry for those driving around in gas-guzzeling SUV's as they may be the hardest to push when the fuel runs out.
Fuel supply situation here is so tenuous that the closure of one refinery has sent supply upside down and prices are likely to rise.
What is evident elsewhere?

·
Registered
807 Posts
bassfisher said:
Just a heads up to the international readers of this site.
Was in Toronto, Canada on biz this week. On arrival found that this, the largest city in the country with the second highest proved petrol reserves, is suffering from gasoline shortages and line-ups, rationing and outages are common in the Greater Toronto Area.
Prices in the fueling stations that actually have fuel range around a dollar, its the long line ups that are disconcerting.
I realize that extenuations are likely at play, but the outages have caught most by surprise. I feel sorry for those driving around in gas-guzzeling SUV's as they may be the hardest to push when the fuel runs out.
Fuel supply situation here is so tenuous that the closure of one refinery has sent supply upside down and prices are likely to rise.
What is evident elsewhere?

im in toronto...are u in the auto industry?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What part of Toronto you in?
Problems have become worse and prices higher from what i see.
You have a geely in markham i can look at/test drive? Really curious now. What is your geely ETA?

Many kind thanx for link to citypulse. BTW met minor tv persona Silverman while shopping at Ikea. Yesterday marc daily was getting drunk at low-life bar some buddies dragged me to. CityTV really is everywhere!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts