China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
edge said:
Really? Because they already all exist whenever I go there. These scenes are very commonplace in Chinese cities, I'm not particularly impressed with these pictures.

Actually, i was misleaded by one of the first pictures which has to be photoshopped, but majority of them seem to be accurate.

Now, im scared to ask, if shenzhen looks like this...how does beijing and shanghai look:confused:

·
Registered
280 Posts
fm.illuminatus said:
Amazing... how many New York/Los Angelos sized cities do you have in china? How many cities look like the ones posted?

Chinese cities are very big and modern. Actually, you won't feel like you're in a developing country in many of them. Unlike many other developing countries, they are generally more organized, clean and free of slums. Also, these kind of skylines are very typical of Chinese cities. Here are some major ones.

I'll list them:

Shanghai
Beijing
Shenzhen
Hong Kong
Guangzhou
Chongqing
Dalian
Nanjing
Shenyang
Chengdu
Kunming
Urumqi
Tianjin
Wuhan
Fuzhou
Hangzhou
Zhengzhou

·
Registered
280 Posts
Urumqi, Capital of China's Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region. The city, although majority Han, is a big mix of different cultures, including Uighur, Kazakh, Hui Moslems and Kyrgyz. Uighurs are the majority in the province, they are a Moslem Turkish people, Caucasian features.

I have been to this province, it is an interesting place. You see a mix of Chinese and Islamic civilization here. Here is the view from People's Square.

They are pioneering many new energy technologies in this province. Outside the city, you will see electric windmills for miles on end. I was amazed at this sight as I entered the city on the highway from Turfan.

Bus in local ethnic style.

The city's growing skyline against the backdrop of majestic mountains. Urumqi is known as the city farthest away from any body of water in the world. It is also the greatest, most modern metropolis of all of Central Asia. Here you will see many Russian, Uzbek, Kazakh, Tajik, Pakistani, Indian, Kyrgyz, Iranian businessmen. It is a revival of the old Silk Road. You cannot believe there is such a modern city in Central Asia. Just hours from Afghanistan.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Local Mosque. Islam is the dominant region in Northwest China. Not just in Xinjiang, but also in Ningxia province, home of the Hui Moslems. There is also a strong Moslem influence in Gansu and Qinghai provinces.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts