China Car Forums banner

Polarsun vehicles

71K views 52 replies 22 participants last post by  F.Fernández 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Three new models introduced by Polarsun company.

MPV:

SUV:

See less See more
#3 ·
Songliao successor

Great photos Raul.
I believe this is the old Songliao Auto company of the PLA established back in 1947. I guess I missed the intro to Polarsun in this forum.
The MPV design looks unique. I wonder if it's Polarsun's own IPR. But the pickup appears to be a Fudi-sourced body with Polarsun-designed front end. Of course the Hiace is Toyota-based with the grille work also Polarsun-designed.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
zongshun (polarsun)

From insiders I understand the quality of the Polarsun models is quite good, and that they have thought well about their future plans. There seems to be also a saloon prototype, at least a prototype must exist. Anyone has a picture or drawing???
Present production is extremely low (2000 in 2005, not one produced in 2006) but there is a new factory under construction in the outskirts of Shenyang. This factory will have a production capacity of 150.000 units.
Erik. (www.chinesecars.net)

#6 ·
i think this is the only chinese car company with an identity. just like how bmw have the split nose grill, and jeep has the 7 horizontal grill set. No other chinese car company have an identity, finally one that could standup being special.

#11 ·
Well spotted Axle :thumb:

It's very expensive to design a new headlight. Chery and Polarsun must have a same supplier (?)

#13 ·
One would think so but I guess there are a lot of things which need to be considered. Small companies like British Noble use Ford Mondeo rear lights. Old Maserati Quattroporte had Volvo 340 rear lights (!). There are other examples too.

#15 ·
Polarsun's future fate

erik (laofan) said:
There seems to be also a saloon prototype, at least a prototype must exist. Anyone has a picture or drawing???
Don't have a photo of the saloon prototype but here are photos of a concept MPV and an SUV.

I think Polarsun (Zhongshun) is well connected in China through a man name Zhou Tianbao and is affiliated with a (design house) in the US called Century Auto. But as Laofan points out the volume is low and that's the puzzling part.

Attachments

#17 · (Edited)
Also there is another vehicle shown on their site called MPV-A:

The car resembles me very much to Dongfeng (Zhengzou) Yumsun:

According to my information, Yumsun is just rebadged previous generation of (Japanese) Nissan Serena. That would not be of much suprise considering Dongfeng and Nissan have joint venture in China. But I never heard of any cooperation between Nissan and Polarsun nor between two above mentioned Chinese companies.

So, does anybody know if this is indeed same vehicles with two different logos and names?

#20 ·
WTF? what is polarsun trying to do?

cars, big suvs? limos? small compact cars

theres no specific marmet they r trying to target.

i dont see polarsun selling lots of cars and being succcessfull

thats why GWM does good, cuz they specify in specific market

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.