1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
classy and original

Brilliance did a fine job with that back end. It's got class and I would be happy to have it in my driveway.
I have always been amazed at how BMW got away with all those models with the taillights mis-matched between rear fenders and trunk lid. And to top it off a major Japanese maker copied that jumble of mishmash lines,
ad nauseum.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How many zhonghua M2 s have been sold? Do they sell more than Chery Eastar which sells at about 2,500 a month.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Zhonghua sales

Eastar easily outsells Zhonghua. This past January, sales of Eastar were 1,019 units, a 102 per cent increase year to date, while Zhonghua only sold 886 units, a 20 per cent increase. Consumers either are yet to acquire good taste in car styling, or maybe just more practical about spending their hard earned income on a product with iffy backing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
dragin said:
Eastar easily outsells Zhonghua. This past January, sales of Eastar were 1,019 units, a 102 per cent increase year to date, while Zhonghua only sold 886 units, a 20 per cent increase. Consumers either are yet to acquire good taste in car styling, or maybe just more practical about spending their hard earned income on a product with iffy backing.
I don't think it's fair to compare Eastar, which debuted like two years ago, to Zhonghua M2.

Sales number of Zhonghua M2 does not necessarily reflect the popularity of this car, which I believe is far hotter than that of Chery Eastar. It's mainly due to the limited production and the number is expected to be rocket lifting after M2 is market proven.

Anyway, I don't think the potential clients of M2 and Eastar overlap a lot, they are two cars with distinctive style and concept differences.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
ditto

Tiggo said:
... Zhonghua M2 ....... which I believe is far hotter than that of Chery Eastar.

I'm with you Tiggo. And if I were to hazard a guess, inside the M2 you won't find a flimsy cup holder that is just waiting to be snagged by the sleeve of someones coat, only to break off like a pretzel, i.e. the cup bottom supports really look fragile in the photos above.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts