hey Erik, have any pics of the zx clone?pride
Pride (Pulaide) prototypes:
1. mini-auto. This is a copy of a Daewoo Tico, as made by Anchi in Anhui and by Hafei (the Baili). This is the 19.800 yuan car.
2. small hatchback, this is just a Geely Merrie with (very ugly) a new front end.
3. hatchback, a ZX clone like the one from Jiangnan and Shanghai Maple.
4. station wagon, based on the initial Chery A11 (Fengyun), the Toledo (only 39.800!)
5. saloon, also named Hengxing, a Chery Eastar based 4.785m car (139.800 yuan)
6. pickup, based on the old Toyota Hilux.
Production of the pickup started in December 2005 in Binzhou, Shandong province, the minicar is made there since September 2006.
I don't know if they bought anything (for instance the productionline from Anchi) or just copied everything.
Nice problem for Chery, how to handle Chinese companies copying them!