China Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please clear up a matter of confusion for me? I have seen it stated that China's Transportation Administration Department and the Ministry of Public Safety released statistics showing that there are 13.3 million privately owned cars in the country. Elsewhere I see it stated that China's National Bureau of Statistics says there are more than 20 million privately owned civilian cars. What accounts for the difference in the figures? Is there a difference between privately owned civilian cars and privately owned cars?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hmm.. this is weird because on Chinese news site, it says 21 millions privately owned, it does not really mention anything about civilian cars. By privately owned, I would assume that they meant civilian cars. Did you actually check the date and year for that 13.3 million figure ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easier said than done. I'm trying to check with the Transportation Administration but am not having alot of luck. But the 13 million figure has been quoted in the press quite often recently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts