China Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious.............it's been 1 year now since Chery introduced the QQ6 (I mean in the showrooms). Have their been ANY sales figures released regarding the QQ6? Has it been a success? From my grass-roots observations, I'm not sure. I have NOT seen a lot of them on the streets of Nanning, but on a recent trip to Beijing I saw many more of them (yes Beijing is a much bigger city AND a much bigger car market than Nanning) on the streets. Is Chery focusing more on northern China when it comes to QQ6 sales? Nanning is kind of unique in the fact that the QQ3 is NOT as popular as the Spark is here (it figures since the Spark is built in Liuzhou, which is 2 hours by car from Nanning), but other Chery models (the A5 and even the Tiggo) seem to be quite popular here.

Anyone out there have any more info regarding QQ6 sales? I personally like the car a lot - it's a great combination of efficient use of space, great fuel economy and a really funky but attractive design (IMO). It's MUCH more versatile than the QQ3 and offers a more "upscale" design (the LED taillights and front turn signal lights are especially effective - I think the QQ6 is the lowest priced car on the market using LED lights, by the way) - it SHOULD be a success!! Someone out there HAS to have SOME info on this........let's hear about it!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Im not sure of QQ6 sales, but QQ sales (may include both 3+6) were 67241 from Jan to May 07.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I heard that Chery now is focusing more on bigger cars, like Chery A5, A6 and Tiggo, and not paying much attention to QQ series anymore because Chinese customers now are less fond of small cars now because of the small cars in the market now uses old technology, high emission and this is not allowed in Beijing, reliability and quality of small cars and the only small car that Chinese customers trust now is chevorley spark.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Not...................

mememe said:
I heard that Chery now is focusing more on bigger cars, like Chery A5, A6 and Tiggo, and not paying much attention to QQ series anymore because Chinese customers now are less fond of small cars now because of the small cars in the market now uses old technology, high emission and this is not allowed in Beijing, reliability and quality of small cars and the only small car that Chinese customers trust now is chevorley spark.

Uh.............I don't think so. The sales of small cars in China is going UP - and very quick. If Chery isn't paying attention to the QQ series anymore (or small cars in general) - why the release of the QQ6 last year? The A1 this year? TWO more models in the QQ series - the QQ5 (code name S21) and a "station wagon" model in 1-2 years. How about Changan and the CV6? Xiali and the C1? ALL of the cars I just mentioned use NEW technology engines (the 1.3 ATTECO engine from Chery is particularly good.........it's in the QQ6 and the A1), low emissions (all of these cars are already at Euro III standards) and the chinese car buyer is well aware of all this. Are they the equal to the Spark? No, but they are CLOSE - and all of them offer MORE room and MORE power for the same or less price than the Spark. Another thing..........in my previous post I mentioned that I was in Beijing recently. I saw PLENTY of Chery QQ's..............and not ONE Spark. ALL of these cars, by the way ARE SOLD in Beijing and there are plenty of them on the streets (with the exception of the QQ's that haven't been released to the public yet, of course).

FINALLY - the small car market in China will CONTINUE to GROW - and why??? Because the government is encouraging customers to buy small cars and save gasoline and create less pollution. There are even sales tax laws in place to entice customers to buy small and save money. The small car market is maturing and will continue to do so..........they're affordable both in cost of purchase and cost of ownership, they create less of an impact on the environment AND they're starting to offer "big" car amenities - the A1 features a optional GPS/DVD screen, all of these cars offer dual air bags, ABS/EBD and pretty much power everything (door locks, windows and mirrors) as well as a CD/MP3 stereo. No, none of these cars offer a automatic transmission - but since EVERYONE must take the driver's test in a manual transmission car (actually small truck), it's no big deal.

A question - do you live in China? Probably not.........so I would suggest that you visit here sometime and see for yourself what I'm talking about - you'll see that there are A LOT MORE small cars on the streets than big cars (I will classify a small car as anything with a engine size of 1.5 liters or less - the same definition as the sales tax laws). Until then, be careful with what you've "heard", OK? It might not always be accurate.

P.S. - Did you happen to see the sales figures for the QQ that *************************************** posted? Let's average that figure out for 12 months.........it would be 161,376 QQ's sold IN ONE YEAR. Hmmmmmmmmm.........seems like the chinese car buyers are QUITE fond of small cars if you ask me!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
jmsteiny said:
but since EVERYONE must take the driver's test in a manual transmission car (actually small truck), it's no big deal.
You have a choice of licences for automobiles, C1 is for manual trans, and C2 for automatics. If you have C1 you can drive either manual or auto, C2 is limited to auto only.

Most driving schools have the choice of manual or automatic cars (although Im guessing the small ones dont) most driving schools use either small pick up trucks, Santanas or Citroen ZX's. Obviously there is a few that use other cars (Chevrolet Aveo, Fiat Palio etc) but the majority are cheap cars that are already widespread in China, hence they are cheap and easy to fix, which given the amount of abuse they go through is a good idea.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*************************************** said:
You have a choice of licences for automobiles, C1 is for manual trans, and C2 for automatics. If you have C1 you can drive either manual or auto, C2 is limited to auto only.

Most driving schools have the choice of manual or automatic cars (although Im guessing the small ones dont) most driving schools use either small pick up trucks, Santanas or Citroen ZX's. Obviously there is a few that use other cars (Chevrolet Aveo, Fiat Palio etc) but the majority are cheap cars that are already widespread in China, hence they are cheap and easy to fix, which given the amount of abuse they go through is a good idea.

REALLY?? I didn't know that!! In Nanning, the driving schools I've seen (and the one I "trained" at.......if you can call if training) only have chinese made 4 door trucks that are diesel powered.........and you're taught to shift thru all 4 gears (no 5 speed gearbox on most of the trucks) BEFORE you reach 40kph.......if you can't do that you don't pass the driving test. I've lost count of all the taxi drivers who literally LUG their engine all over Nanning - LOTS of valve tapping noise. Some drivers have figured it out though........they actually let their engines reach 3000-4000 rpm!! I'm sure there ARE schools that have cars with automatic transmissions in Nanning.....but I have yet to see them.

I wonder how much gasoline is wasted (as well as money wasted on repairs) due to poor driving habits? Even more important - how many lives are affected due to injury (or death) due to poor driving habits? China already has the most dangerous roads in the world.........and MOSTLY due to unsafe and lazy drivers. I'm seeing more and more stop signs and traffic lights in Nanning (which is a good thing) - but I'm also seeing more and more drivers IGNORE the stop signs and sometimes even the traffic lights.........they barely slow down for them and just expect everyone to get out of their way. It's unsafe and it's disgusting..........is it this bad in other medium size chinese cities as well?? The BIG cities (Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou) seem to be more "civilized" most of the time, even as busy as they are. This needs to happen ALL over the country - or else in 5-10 years it's going to be literally "urban warfare" on the streets of these small to medium cities (like Nanning) - unorganized, disrespectful and VERY UNSAFE.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree the small car market in china will grow up much further. But it will not be because of goverment or environmental issue. My mean would u sell your air conditioner and buy the fan to save earth? I think people who can afford the larger car will buy the larger car. And it's not only to china... it'll be same in other countries as well.

I think it'll grow up coz more chinese will be able to afford the car due to the rocket fast economic growth in china. Also, when you consider that only 1% of people own the car in china, what would be the car that the first buyer is more likely to buy?

And regarding to spark..GM Daewoo is planning to bring the replacement next year (project name called "D300") also aveo and lacetti as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts