China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the few Chinese companies that wants to enter the German market is Zhonghua. I read in German magazines and newspapers about the Brillance since the IAA in Frankfurt in autumn 2005. I recently discovered and articel in an old German car magazin from 1990. There was also a model called Zhonghua, but this model was obviously based on an old Daihatsu Charade. Similar to the Tianjin Xiali, but only as a sedan version.

I now wonder if this 1990 and the new 2005/06 Zhonghua are made by the very same company or not? - Any help?

David

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
German price

According to the car magazine "Auto Bild", the German prices for the Brilliance will start at 15,000 Euros. Regarding the souce and the fact that the VAT raises in January I would say less than 20,000 Euro sounds more believable. :)

David

·
Registered
450 Posts
Brilliance is a fairly young company. It was formed by entrepreunerial genius Mr Yang Rong, who was the first guy to get a chinese company listed on NYSE and HK.

Somehow he acquired a big chunk of Jinbei which was formerly state owned. Raised a lot of interest, had good people, big plans.

For some reason he wanted to put future car building programs such as the Brilliance cars and new engine plant in a new development in Ningbo. This upset the Liaoning province government who wanted everything to stay in shenyang, so they went to war against him.

He had to run off to USA where he is now in exile. As I understand it, the Liaoning guys investigated him in depth, and although most of his business (also had schools, medical interests etc) were legitimate, there was no adequate explanation of where his first 5 million RMB came from when he started out, and also that accorind to Chinese records there is no such person as Yang Rong. I don't know for sure that all this is true, but he has definitely run off.

There followed a period of unrest as Liaoning provincial government tried to get back control of Brilliance from the former directors that had been working for Yang Rong. I think this cost them some time during the critical period 03-05 say. Now all that in fighting is behind them, they got a new top man in early 2006 and we will see how it goes from here.

Nice 1.8T engine of course, and there will also be NA 1.4 1.6 1.8 and 2.0 variants. Alloy block/head, 16 valves, Euro Iv etc. There is also a drawing board V6.

·
Registered
12 Posts
matchbox-dave said:
One of the few Chinese companies that wants to enter the German market is Zhonghua. I read in German magazines and newspapers about the Brillance since the IAA in Frankfurt in autumn 2005. I recently discovered and articel in an old German car magazin from 1990. There was also a model called Zhonghua, but this model was obviously based on an old Daihatsu Charade. Similar to the Tianjin Xiali, but only as a sedan version.

I now wonder if this 1990 and the new 2005/06 Zhonghua are made by the very same company or not? - Any help?

David
pic.263.com/big/2006-10-2/71461289-1991-4f6f-9c7a-19146438f632.jpeg
I think that should be you fonnd in Magazin from 1990. This is a model witch developed by Beijing Automative in 1990. It has discontinud for long time. Base on FRP body. Because of my account, I couldn't post any URL before I make more than 10 post. So you have to visit this picture by copy and past operation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brilliance websites in English

Does anyone know of any Brilliance websites in English, other than the offical one? I'm interested in these cars, but haven't been able to find a lot in the way of fansites, messageboards, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Hi BimmerHead, welcome to CCF, in terms of english sites, there are very few if any..this is ur best source..but there are a few in russian and chinese and u can use google translate

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
Brilliance has an official website in english, XXXX (deleted link). The German car Importer HSO Motors Europe has recently announced that they start selling the Brilliance BS6 in december 2006 XXXXX. The car will be sold in Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland and Poland. On thuesday, november 28, HSO will hold a press conference in Bonn (D) to clarify their plans. The BS6 will be presented at the Geneva motor show.
The Dutch magazine autoweek XXXXX (deleted link) today wrote about the introduction of Brilliance in the EU. My translation: (sorry for the bad english)
Brilliance BS 6: serious Chinese car

The Chinese Brillianxe BS6 will arrive next month on the shore of Bremerhaven (Germany). From there, the first series have to conquer Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Luxembourg Belgium ánd The Netherlands.

The German Car distributor HSO gets the Brilliance BS 6 to Europe. They placed an order of 3000 cars, the first load is at this moment on their way to Europe. Ever since December, the car will be sold in Holland. At that moment, also the Dutch importer will be presented. The head office of the Chinese brand is stated in Luxembourg.
Before HSo took the decision to import the car, the Brillance was tested several times by the well-established German institutions Dekra and TÜV Nord. The Brilliance BS6 complies to all European standards. Brilliance cooperates in China with BMW, Toyota and Mitsubishi.
De cars that come to Europe are the face lifted versions of the BS6. Brilliance offers a 2.0 and 2.4 petrol motor. For the present, there is no Diesel engine. The equipment types are called Comfort and DeLuxe. That last one will only be sold in combination with the 2.4 engine.
In Germany the Brilliance BS6 is sold for 19.00 to 23.000 euros. The Dutch prices will be around 25.000 to 30.000 euros. After the first 3000 cars are sold, Brilliance hopes to deliver another 15.000 cars in 2007. XXXX(deleted link)
PS: for some reason, I am not allowed to post links. I can give you some, but not here, thanks to the rules on this forum. Never experienced something like this before. Wrote the hole reaction for nothing. :nono: :mad:

·
Registered
450 Posts
if they launch them in right hand drive, I might be one of the first in Europe to get one. maybe not a super logical early purchase - as an unknown it will have bad depreciation and it might not be cheap, but to be different and drive a car with an engine I helped develop, it'd be worth it. might get some discount as well if i'm lucky...........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do anyone know how is the sales of Brilliance China Automotive in Europe?

Do anyone know how is the sales of Brilliance China Automotive in Europe?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question regarding Engine plastic cover

Hi Every one

I'm from Egypt, I have a Brilliance Zhonghua car 2.0AT (it is assembled in Egypt under the name Galena). The car is very good in general.

I have a problem with the engine temperature during summer when the air temperature reaches 43 C. So I had to remove the big black plastic cover on top of the mitsubishi engine in order to give better air circulation.

My question is : What is the reason for this plastic cover on top of the engine. Is it cosmetic only or does it have any mechanical need. What are the drawbacks of removing this plastic cover. The local dealer in Egypt told me that there might be a drawback on fuel economy but he wasn't sure

Thanks to you all for this nice forum

1 - 20 of 23 Posts