China Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
clean32 said:
I am interested to know, what problems owners have had with there cars, or with their dealers?
I am in Russia and am very happy with my G3 but I have had a couple of electrical problems, more annoying than any thing else. Plus the wait time for parts, over a week ?? Anyone else? Good pickups but hay no one is perfect.:lol:
welcome to china car forums Clean32:)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Great real world feedback, Clean 32. Thank you and welcome to CCF.

Some folks may not know that the cars we're talking of here, the G3 and G5, are Great Wall's Deer extra cab pickup models,equipped with pickup bed caps. These seem to be quite popular in Russia.

The Irito website is a great source for Great Wall's offerings in Russia.

http://www.irito.ru/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Russia

LOL, as I said before I don’t live in Moscow, about 4 hours drive out. I am often stopped just to be asked what i am driving.(police included)
I Lived in Thailand for a few years back in the early 90s when the pickup revolution took hold, not only were they the ideal vehicle, right place right time. But they also had a large affect on the economy. A sudden jump in internal logistics. I have this feeling that Russia is in need of the same logistical improvement. And pickups can provide this. The jap pickups are about 30-40% more expensive than GW. the jap dealers seem to be targeting the top end of the market anyway (example Ford local dealer sold there last pickup Mazda B about a week before I rang, they said they wouldn’t be getting any more) Anyway my point is I think if GW was to forget about Moscow and push for dealers in the smaller centers say pop 500K and then if they were to push say the single cab and possibly a flat deck with and without 4X4 they would clean up this market. Oh and teach some good old western customer service as well, both Russia and china are lacking in this respect. anyway thats my 10cents worth Coments ???

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more Clean. Your assessment is right on the mark. The same phenomenon occurred in the U.S. during the recession of the late 70s, early 80s. The barebones Japanese 4X2 pickups 皮卡 could be purchased for less than one would pay for a sedan. It was the springboard for Japanese import success. And then once that pickup 皮卡 was mated with the jeep 吉普车, it spawned the SUV of today.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From what I have read about GW and there problems getting started in Russia (manufacturing). A Nivia 4x4 4 door pickup. Of which they don’t make many and I am told there is a 3 month wait. Is the same price as a 4x2 4 door deer. The main difference is you can drive the deer at higher highway speeds ( i.e. keep up with the traffic) and they drive just so much nicer and they look cool (mine is black lol).

GREAT WALL PLEASE PLEASE GET YOUR DEALER NET WORK SORTED/EXSPANDED

when i first rang a Mosscow dealer i got the imprestion that thay DIDNT want to sell me a car, i even started to beg!!!!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I think that is the old address.
If it doesn't work, the new one I have is:

2266 Chaoyang South St., Baoding , Hebei 071000
Tel: 86-312-2197684,86-312-2197686
Fax: 86-312-2197680

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks mate
i filcked them an E mail on thursday evening (russian Time)
and was very impressed that my wife got a phone call this morning (saterday)
and again someone rang this afternoon when we were out.
We are exspecting anothere call on monday.

Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
clean32 said:
I am interested to know, what problems owners have had with there cars, or with their dealers?
I am in Russia and am very happy with my G3 but I have had a couple of electrical problems, more annoying than any thing else. Plus the wait time for parts, over a week ?? Anyone else? Good pickups but hay no one is perfect.:lol:
the deer line of pickups carry the same engine (gas) as the sailor; i own a sailor and four days after i bought it refused to start at a very prestigeous function (what embarrassment). no power was reaching the gas pump; this was however dealtwith after four days. the deer whcih uses an electric fan has problems with the theremostat (overheating).

·
Registered
2 Posts
We Would Like To Buy 10 Pcs. (10 Cars) - Gw Hover

Hello all,

Our company would like to buy 10 "Great Wall Hover" for re-selling in Baltic States. Please send offers with details to: [email protected]

Or write your offer in this forum.

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
938 Posts
brazas said:
Hello all,

Our company would like to buy 10 "Great Wall Hover" for re-selling in Baltic States. Please send offers with details to: [email protected]

Or write your offer in this forum.

THANK YOU!
you are very inserius...first of all you can buy the vehicles on internet¨,you must provide spart parts,homolgation,services and all...the friend write you best way,contact the company directly,then you will get information,but first you must go to china directly to GWM

·
Registered
938 Posts
for now i didn't have any problems,the left window was working little slower,but the reason is that when i buy the car i didn't pull of the nailon down how i supose to do,so i mess up this :),i also have problem with the police,they stop me to see what car i am driving!

·
Registered
507 Posts
That's funny - police stopping you to see what you're driving?!? Is it out of curiosity or they think you have an illegal vehicle?

·
Registered
12 Posts
update

Thanks thay put me intuch with Evan ay irito in moscow things happend fast all fixed and thanks to irito.

there apears to be an intresting issue with all dealers not being real dealers, when i was in moscow last irito quoted me a price 50 000 rubles less for a deer5 than the local price.

if anyone was to ask me i would say suport the dealer IRITO.com and forget the rest
5 stars for them

·
Registered
24 Posts
clean32 said:
had a few electrical problems myself; gw sailor four days after i bought it could not start. but it i ok now. do you have a good toyota shop close by many of the parts are only different in name. if you can take the defective part with you i am sure you can get a japanese substitute; thats what i do as i have a problem with the quality of the chinese replacement parts.:eek:

41 - 60 of 130 Posts