China Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
fuel consumption ?

Well, this is somethig I think alot of people are wondering. Since some say the GWM's are normal :confused: on fuel, some say certain models are a bit heavy. :confused: .... now the question is:

can someone pls give some examples. as in real world ones. km/liter, or km on a tank, but include what capacity your tank is.

Specifically interested in the Wingle / Steed (depending on which country) the 2.8td, and then the 2.4 petrol engine. (Sing / Multiwagon)

Your info will be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
we have one hover and wingle diesel, the consuption was beteween 10 liters od diesel, on open road goes on 8 liters of diesel

for sing model i don't have any expirience, i know that there is avalaible 2.2 engine, and 2.8 tdi engine(not TC like wingle), for that 2.4 engine is it the same from mitsubishi or the engine from company 2.4 made by GWM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
the 2.4i from mitsubishi is the one in the Hover, if you know the consumtion on that one pls. also, how capable is the 2.4i in the Hover?

·
Registered
937 Posts
i have that with mitsubishi engine, hover consuption is between 10-12 liters of gasoline, on the highway when i drive over 160 km/h goes on 14 liters, but i have the LPG sistem on it so i am not worried about it :)

my hover how have over 55000 miles and car works perceftly, i didn't change a single light on it :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whoa! That's a neck-breaking experience. I think great wall truck ZX auto admirals not only in terms of its car parts but its utility as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi! I'm a rookie too here, although I've had a couple of posts...

my stepdad's just bought a Safe - it will arrive in like two weeks - and I was just wondering if anyone had information about it... you know, crash tests, safety issues, performance, etc...

hope you can help me! =D

·
Registered
937 Posts
for crash test safe have ece r94 regulation, so car is ok,new models have 4 disc brakes which is much better
i don't know which engine he have...but i think that is 2.2 mpi with 78 kw
maybe he need more power but car goes 160 without a problem
when you drive it on hills change the gear in 3rd and step on it
do the regular service after 8000 km

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great Wall Safe

I'm getting my Great Wall Safe tomorrow (well, not mine, but my stepdad's) and I was wondering what informationj you guys have about it. I don't know, crash tests, technical stuff, anything...

I'm pretty excited, really. it may not be the best SUV ever, but it's pretty good-looking, although I must confess the interiors are kinda cheap-looking XD I'm gonna enjoy sitting inside it a lot, though, I'm pretty sure :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
uhm... I don't think so... :S either I checked the topic to late and the post got lost, or I was never answered...

anyway, we just got our Safe. we spent like 40 mins removing all the plastic coverings and programming the stereo and everything.. I like it, I mean, it ain't a luxury car, but it ain't ugly either. it's comfortable, it's big and it runs pretty well :)

I'll just have to see how it behaves in the next couple of weeks ^^

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sing / Qi Bing Gauge & Instrument Cluster

Apologies if this it's inappropriate to post this in this forum but I'm desperately looking to find a new instrument / gauge cluster for 2005 Mei Ya Qi Bing (GW Sing). The local repair shop in Beijing says that the factory does not have replacements and that they can't find these anywhere.

I'd also be interested to find someone who can repair it. I'm trying to sell my car and need to have a functioning odometer at the very least.

Feel free to contact me offline @ beijingdave 'at' gmail.com

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: Sing / Qi Bing Gauge & Instrument Cluster

beijingdave said:
Apologies if this it's inappropriate to post this in this forum but I'm desperately looking to find a new instrument / gauge cluster for 2005 Mei Ya Qi Bing (GW Sing)........
Welcome Beijing Dave. Sorry to have missed your post before now.
Certainly no need to apologize. I think the administrator of this site also welcomes such inquiries.
Despite the lack of response here so far, I hope you found the cluster you were looking for. It doesn't bode well for Great Wall Auto to not ensure spare parts availability. This one cause has led to the demise of many an automaker.
By the way that Sing model body was produced by Fudi (Foday) and has an instrument cluster that is common to many Chinese SUVs like Dadi, Changfeng, Tianma, Foton, FAW, Gonow, etc.. It should be available outside the GW network of repair shops.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hover -change radio and a/c control

Hellow.

I own a year 2006 Hover, and no problem so far, but its only over 34.000 km.

I would like to change the radio/air condicioned control to this one from these web page:

I can not post a URLs, but you may make a google search for:
"Integrative Car DVD/GPS (HD-CH01)" or
"Hasda Electric Ltd. China - ECVV"

I know from the forum and other post, that changing the radio is very difficult, because of the mixed radio, a/c control and CD charger, but this thing is supposed to replace the radio and control panel from hover, yet still you can control the a/c and the CD charger and all funtions.

Do anyone have experience with this, or ordered from the manufacturer, price, quality, do the LCD screeen slip in/out, those it really works as they say, is it easy to replace?.

There is no other picture of this DVD/GPS.
My Hover has a TFT screen, not really a monitor unlike newer models.

Sorry, my english is not good.

Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Hover -change radio and a/c control

interesting that the unit plugs straight in a direct replacement

nice looking unit too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Hover -change radio and a/c control

woww... Looks very nice.:thumb:
Thanks for the pictures, Its very helpfull.
I will try to get one of those.

Thank you, from Costa Rica...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Re: Anyone had any problems ?

today is 2010 and your hover is 2008 with 9065 km? what do you do with the car? keep it in garage whole year? or you buy a one year old new car which was on stock?

hover is little bit lazy in first 20000 km, simply the engine need that period to adopt and after that is goes much better, also i am wondering how you vehicles go so slow with couple of person inside, A/C don't have such huge impact on this car, because it have enough HP to carry it, by my opinion you should check your air,fuel filter and spark plug and replace them, becasue car have such low mileage i think that it was parked for very long time somewhere, i can't find any other explenation for such low mileage, hover like to be driver at high rpm, so don't bother to stick the throttle to "the end", simply hover like when you drive it like that

here is one sample:

my car have only 1 month and we do a first service to replace engine oil on 2500 km, on 7500 km i drive this car with full speed for over 200 km at local highway and nothing happend, this car now have over 100.000 without any engine problems and goes quite good for a 2ton suv, from the beggining you should drive this engine without much saving, simply japanese engines like high rpm :thumb:

for the vibrations, check the proppeler shaft and make a balance, or simply check the tires and balance them, keep the pressure between 2,3 on front and 2,5,2,6 on rear if you drive lot of persons there, i think that here is nothing serius, if still you have problem go to your service station to check the suspension but i don't think that there is any problem with it

101 - 120 of 130 Posts