China Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about one month that i look on chinese merkat to find interesting chinese car, and i find a lont of nice model, but only Brilliance produces an original SW model, the BS4 Estate. Here in Europe and speciali in Italy the success of a model is linked to that: having or not an SW model better if it is diesel. On diesel line, Chinese producer are doing important step (as in safety one), but in SW there is no attention.

So, why, in your opinion, chinese drivers are interessed only on sedan and fastback models?

Thanks to all
--
gilberto

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Gilberto,
At this stage of China's development I think that the Chinese person who can afford a car, is interested in what displays status, and not what is practical. They are used to seeing officials being chauffered around in big sedans and limos, and nowadays even SUVs. These are what they associate with wealth.

But when gas prices rise again, as they inevitably will, the lighter weight station wagon will come back, probably as a "crossover". As for the diesel, I'm not sure if a passenger car diesel will ever catch on in China as they have in Europe.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
martin_krpan said:
If I'm not mistaken, there are currently only 3 SW's produced in China - Brilliance, FAW Mazda6 and Buick Excelle.
And there weren't much more examples in the past.

Anyway, station wagons are popular only in Western Europe.
It seems to me too. The Buick Excelle is our (Europe) Opel Corsa, so the only original chinese SW is the Brilliance BS4 Estate. So we can suppose the producer made it on request of the european sellers.

But I think if chinese want to corner the european market they must project SW model.:cool:

Thanks to everybody for your reply. :thumb:
--
gilberto

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ezraxenon said:
wow!that will be great!wagon is so easy and comfortable to drive with..
when you will have two babies (0-5 years old) you'll prey for an sw or an MPV... :D :thumb: :lol:

--
gilby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts