China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Chery V5 CrossEastar (Rely V5)

I've bought one of these two years ago (ca. rmb 120,000) for my company use. 70,000 kms on and no major issues.

I drive it quite a bit, especially when there are four of us going to play golf - perfect. And the car has got a lot of compliments for it's comfort even from Americans and Brits.

However it uses a lot more petrol than the Dong Fang Zhi Zi (which used to have the same 2.4 Mitsubishi engine in it) and it is definitely slower (to be expected). The triptonic style transmission also doesn't seem as smooth as in the Dong Fang Zhi Zi. Car naturally wallows a little when pushed into corners too.

Still a very good and much cheaper option to the Odyssey etc. and I would have no hesitation in recommending it if someone was considering buying one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Chery V5 CrossEastar (Rely V5)

dragin said:
Hi Rohens,
Thanks for the valuable feedback on this model. Sounds good.
But it is a bit of a stretch to compare it to the Odyssey since the latter is a full-sized MPV with automatic sliding doors, fold-away seats and all. Other than passengers, the cargo capacity of this one looks a bit limited. Kind of like a large station wagon, or perhaps a Highlander.
True of course. But then the Odyssey costs soooo much more !

However the Chery's people carrying ability is good and the rear seats fold down flat to give you load carrying space (4 sets of gold clubs plus holdalls etc. etc.). So 4 or 5 people and all their golf gear, or 7 people if you have children in the back seats (or two very small adults). A good large family car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts